Joe Hart

in an european knock out stage you can't survive when your koalkeeper gift two goals on two harmless freekick , one away and one at home .

Dax777 said:
redmizzle said:
Jumanji said:
Should have saved the free kick. No doubt in my mind really.

Easy to say but if you watch the game again, you'll see that the Sporting player who took the freekick did something quite a lot of good freekick takers do.

After Joe Hart had set up his wall in relation to where the ball was originally placed, the Sporting player picked up the ball again and moved it a bit to the his right thus changing the angles slightly but the players in the wall failed to notice this. From that point, it was only a matter of hitting the ball well enough and hard enough to take advantage of the change in angles which to his credit, he got spot on. I thought Joe Hart did well to even get his fingertips to it. I think the players should be aware of this little trick and adjust the wall accordingly the next time there's a freekick in such dangerous positions.
That had no effect. Joe tried to cheat and took a step to the right and got caught.

correct.

Dax777 said:
redmizzle said:
Jumanji said:
Should have saved the free kick. No doubt in my mind really.

Easy to say but if you watch the game again, you'll see that the Sporting player who took the freekick did something quite a lot of good freekick takers do.

After Joe Hart had set up his wall in relation to where the ball was originally placed, the Sporting player picked up the ball again and moved it a bit to the his right thus changing the angles slightly but the players in the wall failed to notice this. From that point, it was only a matter of hitting the ball well enough and hard enough to take advantage of the change in angles which to his credit, he got spot on. I thought Joe Hart did well to even get his fingertips to it. I think the players should be aware of this little trick and adjust the wall accordingly the next time there's a freekick in such dangerous positions.
That had no effect. Joe tried to cheat and took a step to the right and got caught.

Well, Joe moving to his right just before the ball was kicked certainly didn't help, in fact it made it worse but I think it's stretching it to say it had no effect, there's certainly a reason players do that and it's not just for fun ;).

redmizzle said:
Dax777 said:
redmizzle said:

Well, Joe moving to his right just before the ball was kicked certainly didn't help, in fact it made it worse but I think it's stretching it to say it had no effect, there's certainly a reason players do that and it's not just for fun ;).
If Joe doesn't move, he easily saves it.

He even gets a full palm on it.

Jumanji said:

Most probably. However, if the ball hadn't been shifted to the side thus changing the angles after the wall had already been set, the ball probably wouldn't have even gone past the wall so easily.

Jumanji said:
redmizzle said:
Dax777 said:

unfortunally the wrong hand palm , as his usual

Mancio said:
Jumanji said:
redmizzle said:

?

Jumanji said:
Mancio said:
Jumanji said:

?

go and look at which palm it was. should have gone with his right harm , as is wrote in the A B C of the goalkeeping , but he did with his left harm , as per his usual. this is why i always say he is not good enough , he lack the basis.

Tricky_Trev said:
His form is simply incredible right now. He had a dodgy spell earlier in the season where he gifted 3 or 4 goals away through poor parrying, but he has come through that fantastically well. Most impressive has been his saves in 1 on 1 situations. The save today was the best by a mile, as it's his first meaningful touch of the game deep into the 2nd half and required a high level of concentration to pull it off. Victor Valdes does it every game for Barca - he knows he is only going to have 1 shot to save every match, but is always ready when it arrives. In many ways, to be a goalkeeper in a top team, concentration is a more important attribute than shot-stopping or handling and it's so pleasing to see Joe displaying the qualities that are required at such a young age. I can fully understand why Neville felt that save alone was worthy of the man of the match award tonight.

Top class, Joe.

Agree he's ace and I dont want anyone else for at least another decade. However, I think he cost us thistie by palming the ball back into play which gave Sporrting their goal in Lisbon and he was culpable for the two goals at Bayern. That said he is brilliant and I dont want to switch him, but he does have a couple of weak areas.

Mancio said:
Jumanji said:
Mancio said:
?

go and look at which palm it was. should have gone with his right harm , as is wrote in the A B C of the goalkeeping , but he did with his left harm , as per his usual. this is why i always say he is not good enough , he lack the basis.
Yes, as his right arm would have a slightly longer reach.

But speaking from experience, and just common sense, the speed of the free kick PLUS the reaction time from when he saw the ball, there was no way for him to manipulate his body in order to reach with his right arm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.