joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
davealvers said:
George Hannah said:
supercity88 said:
I would assume they are the mistake at stamford bridge, the one where Weimann scored at Villa Park and the cross he flapped at against Cardiff.
None of those was completely down to Joe - he maybe could have done better but the main fault lay with Nasty at Chelsea, Nasty at Villa and Zabba at Cardiff. I'm not saying Joe hasn't made other big mistakes this season which cost goals, such as against Bayern and against Scotland (and he's made plenty of others that haven't) but in terms of the league those 3 don't qualify IMO.

I'm sorry but this really is the definition of burying your head in the sand. I am as big a fan of Joe as anyone but to try to dismiss these as not his fault is simply not accepting the problem. How are you ever supposed to fix something if you don't acknowledge that it is broken in the first place?

Yeah I agree ... it takes a special kind of love for Joe to say that Chelsea's winner was anything but his own fault!

Lancet Fluke said:
LoveCity said:
I think these stats are relevant when assessing his form... and decline in form.

BYLUwoQCEAA2yQV.jpg:large

I know statistics don't necessarily tell the whole story but that drop in save percentage from the title winning season is alarming. It isn't just the mistakes, his all round game seems to have dipped.

Didn't he make a mistake in 2010/11 against Blackburn at home which led to their goal in a 1-1 at the Etihad?

Mix up between him and Kolo but I thought it was his mistake primarily.

chabal said:
Lancet Fluke said:
LoveCity said:
I think these stats are relevant when assessing his form... and decline in form.

I know statistics don't necessarily tell the whole story but that drop in save percentage from the title winning season is alarming. It isn't just the mistakes, his all round game seems to have dipped.

Didn't he make a mistake in 2010/11 against Blackburn at home which led to their goal in a 1-1 at the Etihad?

who can forget the charity shield half way line mistake with I think kolo when nani was able to break free and score in a open net :(

chabal said:
Lancet Fluke said:
LoveCity said:

Kolo headed past him much like the one with Nastasic. There in lies the difference every goal Hart conceded wasn't subject to the same scrutiny back then.

Bibinho said:
chabal said:
Lancet Fluke said:

who can forget the charity shield half way line mistake with I think kolo when nani was able to break free and score in a open net :(

Are you criticising Hart for that one?

Rolee said:
supercity88 said:
George Hannah said:
anybody find out what these 3 errors are yet?

I would assume they are the mistake at stamford bridge, the one where Weimann scored at Villa Park and the cross he flapped at against Cardiff.

Fair enough on the one at Chelsea but is it always the case if a keeper doesn't claim a corner that he comes for it is regarded as a goalkeeping error if a goal is scored? I would've put that down as 'should've done better' rather than calling it an error.

On the Weimann goal, he did exactly the same against Hull which forced Aluko to skew his shot wide, should this also be regarded as an error despite no goal being scored?

The one at villa wasnt his fault it was a defensive mix up between kompany and nasti, i think like i said previously joes main problem is his propensity to come when he has little or no chance of retrieving or playing the ball this puts him in awkward position.

Didsbury Dave said:
Train said:
forevermancity said:
City watch recon that joe will quit city to ensure keeping his England place..what a load of liars, bullshitting about our club to get views and hits, disgusting

Lovecity is a pretty good poster so i doubt he would tweet something like that unless he was 100% sure on his source of information.

I'd trust forevercity on this one, no disrespect to Lovecity.

Besides, There's no way joe would be taking his ball home with him over this. He will know full well the ,manager had little choice.

Incidentally I liked the way Pellegrini painted it as 'a rest' to the media yesterday. Clever management, to both the public and the player.

thought that was a bit of a smart move as well.

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Bibinho said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
George Hannah said:
So Joe's been in the departure lounge a while then? Could someone post a link to the Pellegrini quotes please?

Meaning of post = x.
George Hannah's interpretation = zczxczgegsevfgesyvgav.
Worth of George Hannah's post = 0.
I have never seen this geoge post before... and I already think hes dug himself a hole with the majority of posters on here... end of the day despite who you are and what your job is if you do what your supposed to do poorly then you disserve to be dropped or in the real world taken to a disciplinary and try harder at training... that's just how the world goes unfortunately
it may be currently unfashionable on bluemoon to prefer Hart in nets to Panty - so be it - I'd rather be in my hole than yours

-- Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 pm --

Bibinho said:
your powers of observation rival JMW lol

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

George Hannah said:
it may be currently unfashionable on bluemoon to prefer Hart in nets to Panty - so be it - I'd rather be in my hole than yours

Joe Hart's been out of fashion on Bluemoon for a while now. The reasons are obvious and some of them have little to do with his form. However the manager's decision to drop him has nothing to do with fashion and everything to do with pragmatism. He's also made it clear that Joe is currently "resting" which is a very clever choice of words. I've little doubt that Joe will come back stronger from all of this and the decisions Pellegrini has made will be vindicated.

In the meantime I've got faith in Pants to not be dropping major clangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.