joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
mat said:
karen7 said:
mat said:
I wonder if the UK media will show pellers pre match interview?

Very complimentary of Joe and respectful of the England team. Spin that one Daily Mail!

Is there a link to that i can look at later or an idea what he said?

He told Al-jazerra he considered "resting" Joe three weeks ago but put the needs of the England team in front of his own team. the games up to and past the friendly internationals Hart will be training harder with goalkeeping coaches and hopefully return as our number 1.
until Casillas arrives in January?

Still the best English goalie. The others are very poor for me.

Roy should keep playing hart, the last time we dicked around mclaren put Carson in for robbo and it cost us a Euro place. Again changing goalies in the world cup with Rob green was embarrassing.

Hart is out of form but still would be my first choice. Being benched may actually fire him up and improve him. Pellegrini done the right thing

mat said:
karen7 said:
mat said:
I wonder if the UK media will show pellers pre match interview?

Very complimentary of Joe and respectful of the England team. Spin that one Daily Mail!

Is there a link to that i can look at later or an idea what he said?

He told Al-jazerra he considered "resting" Joe three weeks ago but put the needs of the England team in front of his own team. the games up to and past the friendly internationals Hart will be training harder with goalkeeping coaches and hopefully return as our number 1.

Did he really say that? I could see that he would have been influenced by the fact that England had two games coming up. Probably reasoned that Hart would get a run of 3 games (Everton, Montenegro & Poland) to re-gain his confidence, but only one of those games carried any risk to City. Hence picking him for the Everton game made sense from a risk/reward perspective. I would be astonished if he only picked Hart for the Everton game because he didn't want to jeopardise England's chances.

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

MillionDollarDream said:
kiwikiddy said:
Stoned Rose said:
So how many games would you allow hart to go on 'making mistakes' that lose us games before dropping him George?

Pants should stay in until he either desrves to dropped through a mistake or Hart deserves his place back due to better performances in training. Dropping Joe proves Pellers picks on form not reputation. If all our players take this on board then we will be all the stronger for it.

But how many mistakes? MP's quotes looks like he's taken into account last seasons dip in form by Hart.

As he should. The larger your data set, the more reliable conclusions you can draw. If he really has been on the decline over the past two seasons, thats worth knowing. Maybe if it had just been this season he'd still be in the team fighting through it, but as it's been going on much longer, perhaps Pellegrini is convinced it's not going to be solved with more game time?

Far too early to bring Hart back in again. Stats over the last few seasons show an increase in goals conceded from his mistakes. I think he needs a rest and needs to just get himself together. Whilst he has been well known to City for what feels like years and years now, stepping into the England fold as seen him become a house hold name and he is in hair adverts and his generally exposure to the press and gossip wheel has increased quite rapidly. Now we know he can deal with it and he comes across as a grounded individual. He knows that the press will give him stick and I think he just needs a spell on the bench to gather himself, keep working hard and just get back into a positive mind set. Bring him back after a month out in a home game so that he can improve confidence and have the fans behind him. He will come back a better player for it. Pellegrini has made the right call.

adrianr said:
MillionDollarDream said:
kiwikiddy said:
Pants should stay in until he either desrves to dropped through a mistake or Hart deserves his place back due to better performances in training. Dropping Joe proves Pellers picks on form not reputation. If all our players take this on board then we will be all the stronger for it.

But how many mistakes? MP's quotes looks like he's taken into account last seasons dip in form by Hart.

As he should. The larger your data set, the more reliable conclusions you can draw. If he really has been on the decline over the past two seasons, thats worth knowing. Maybe if it had just been this season he'd still be in the team fighting through it, but as it's been going on much longer, perhaps Pellegrini is convinced it's not going to be solved with more game time?

So Joe's been in the departure lounge a while then? Could someone post a link to the Pellegrini quotes please?

PA_SOCCER-Man-City-145921_6966930-6265564_zps8a7f2f7b.jpg

minority view it seems

LoveCity said:
I think these stats are relevant when assessing his form... and decline in form.

BYLUwoQCEAA2yQV.jpg:large

I know statistics don't necessarily tell the whole story but that drop in save percentage from the title winning season is alarming. It isn't just the mistakes, his all round game seems to have dipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.