joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaineRoadBlue said:
waspish said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
On Goals on Sunday Brad Friedel explained the reasoning behind always having a wall. I can't full remember exactly what he said but it made obvious sense.

But I will admit I also thought, like a few on here today have, is a wall really necessary. A longstanding Premier League pro gave an emphatic 'yes' so that will do for me :)

He said the pace of the ball in either corner would probably beat him

Please read again, I put a defender inside each post. It not a free shot. Between the ball at around 22 yards plus are 11 of our players and probably 3 to 4 of theirs.

The only option is to hit the ball hard and this can only be done with an obvious run up. Villa's scorer simply clipped the ball over a static wall past a flat footed Hart into an empty net. The only element he had to achieve was a clip. And with regard to how many free kick experts are in military football or any branch of current football I think you would be surprised!

The wall, upon it's inception was considered a useful tool as the ball we played with in the 70's were heavy, and the pitches heavier. The concept that a player could clear the wall and get the ball back down was unheard of.

With modern ball, boots, quality boots and better surfaces it is now a common technique that players easily master. ffs, even Yaya has!

The problem now is that a power shot seldom stays low. Is it not obvious then people that we need to adapt and ask the opposition to master a low shot through a crowd of players from an obvious taker.

I rest my case. The wall has had its day.

It also helps if your goalkeeper isn't only motivated by being in the England squad.

I still rate him high, yet not world top 10, based on his one on one skills.
His main weakness has always been distance shots : positionning misstakes, half hearted movements, fumbles, and every things...

ZZmaestro said:
His main weakness has always been distance shots : positionning misstakes, half hearted movements, fumbles, and every things...
Apart from that he's great.

Len Rum said:
ZZmaestro said:

If that is what he thinks of a player he rates highly I would love to see what he has to say on someone like Garcia.

With Hart I think it's now all about him being able to match everyones expectations, not just at club level... but he's also regarded as the best keeper England has got.

Keepers get better with age. Why? Because of experience. Take someone like Buffon or Casillas. Both been in the game for donkeys years and played at every level you can possibly list. They know what to do in every situation, rarely putting a foot wrong. Alot of people seem to be under the impression that keepers have a relatively simple job, but it's the complete opposite. It's worth keeping in mind that Hart is still only 26, a keeper doesn't even get to his peak until his 30s.

Years ago Hart was great because he was underrated, around the time he was on loan at Birmingham even, oozed in confidence as no one really expected much. This is why I was never all that keen on letting Given go. Man Utd have the same problem with De Gea, the lad is a f*cking donkey in goal.

There was even more questions when Platt said that he and Mancini were going to let him go. Same cropping up again with the latest Valdes reports. You've just got to wait it out with keepers, especially one as good as Hart. Certainly know what he's capable of but in early years it could be costly. Though whoever has him in his 30s is really going to get the best out of him. Lack of experience showed during the Euro's and Pirlo made a right mug of him. Some people throw the word 'arrogant' about, I think it's just high expectations on such a young keeper. As I said, 26 is not old for a goalkeeper, not at top flight level.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Are we going to blame Hart every time we lose? Fucking hell maybe we should drop Nastastic and Kompany for fucking up for the third goal?
For one mistake that would be harsh. But yes another mistake like that (and certainly two) over a shortish period of time then they should be dropped. What is the point of persisting with players who are constantly costing us points?

Len Rum said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Are we going to blame Hart every time we lose? Fucking hell maybe we should drop Nastastic and Kompany for fucking up for the third goal?
For one mistake that would be harsh. But yes another mistake like that (and certainly two) over a shortish period of time then they should be dropped. What is the point of persisting with players who are constantly costing us points?

So when Kompany fucks up like he didon Saturday twice ,and cost us points do we question his position in the team

Ardwick Green Blue said:
Len Rum said:
ZZmaestro said:

If that is what he thinks of a player he rates highly I would love to see what he has to say on someone like Garcia.

Lfmao, Hart is nowhere near as atrocious to watch than Garcia ( torture comes to mind ).

Hart is still verry young and a good goal keeper improves till his mid 30s.
His issues could be easily fixed by a competent keeper's coach, question : can we afford to wait for him to be as safe and competitive as the likes of Cecz, Neuter, Buffon, Lyoris, etc..

ZZmaestro said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
Len Rum said:

Lfmao, Hart is nowhere near as atrocious to watch than Garcia ( torture comes to mind ).

Hart is still verry young and a good goal keeper improves till his mid 30s.
His issues could be easily fixed by a competent keeper's coach, question : can we afford to wait for him to be as safe and competitive as the likes of Cecz, Neuter, Buffon, Lyoris,

Who/what is a competent keeper coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.