Joe Hodge

I don’t actually think it’s too bad. He’ll get to play a full season of adult football with a proper pre season behind him. Maybe there weren’t any football league clubs willing to take a chance on him considering his size and injury problems. Lavia has probably overtaken him for that defensive midfield spot for the EDS too.
I agree it could be good for him. Also he is an Irish international up to U19 level and needs to be playing regularly, as he is highly regarded by Stephen Kenny, Irish senior manager, who spoke about his intention to fast-track young talent through to the senior ranks. He has had long injury spells at a development stage of his career and playing senior football from March to July, hopefully, Covid permitting, will help him claw back some of the time he has lost.

If only the English had English as a first language, foreign students wouldn't need to come to Ireland to study English.

Spoken like a man who has been inconvenienced by a group of loud Spanish teenage students. Usually found congregated at the top of TK Maxx escalators in Galway or three quarters up the way of Diamond Hill in Connemara.

Spoken like a man who has been inconvenienced by a group of loud Spanish teenage students. Usually found congregated at the top of TK Maxx escalators in Galway or three quarters up the way of Diamond Hill in Connemara.
Haha. Not really inconvenienced, to be honest, they are a boost to the economy, but I know what you mean. It is interesting that people come to Ireland from all over the world to learn English, rather than to England. Maybe they prefer Joyce, Yeats, Shaw, Wilde etc to Shakespeare, Dickens, Wordsworth Keats etc.

Haha. Not really inconvenienced, to be honest, they are a boost to the economy, but I know what you mean. It is interesting that people come to Ireland from all over the world to learn English, rather than to England. Maybe they prefer Joyce, Yeats, Shaw, Wilde etc to Shakespeare, Dickens, Wordsworth Keats etc.
I remember hearing way back in the day that a bunch of scholars proposed that the Cork accent was the ideal accent to quote Shakespeare. Can you imagine some gomey from Fairhill saying "Alas poor Yorick! I knew him like..." :)

I remember hearing way back in the day that a bunch of scholars proposed that the Cork accent was the ideal accent to quote Shakespeare. Can you imagine some gomey from Fairhill saying "Alas poor Yorick! I knew him like..." :)
I can imagine it well, you know like. There are so many different Cork accents in one county it's amazing.

Sadly Joe has not kicked a ball for Derry City. Apparently a hairline fracture of the back was discovered and he is back in Manchester. Hopefully he won't be another rising star shot down by persistent injury issues. Interestingly ex City youth, Will Patching is now on loan at Derry City from Dundalk and provided the cross for Derry's equaliser tonight. Many here had high hopes for Patching but at 22 he has a long ladder to climb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.