Joe Hodge

Sadly Joe has not kicked a ball for Derry City. Apparently a hairline fracture of the back was discovered and he is back in Manchester. Hopefully he won't be another rising star shot down by persistent injury issues. Interestingly ex City youth, Will Patching is now on loan at Derry City from Dundalk and provided the cross for Derry's equaliser tonight. Many here had high hopes for Patching but at 22 he has a long ladder to climb.
Damn shame about Hodge, sounds like something that just needs time.

I remember Patching alongside Foden at 14 or 15, a tall and elegant player whose style was quite a contrast to Phil's hustle & bustle. I'd have sworn he was the same age but hopefully he can kick on.

Sadly Joe has not kicked a ball for Derry City. Apparently a hairline fracture of the back was discovered and he is back in Manchester. Hopefully he won't be another rising star shot down by persistent injury issues. Interestingly ex City youth, Will Patching is now on loan at Derry City from Dundalk and provided the cross for Derry's equaliser tonight. Many here had high hopes for Patching but at 22 he has a long ladder to climb.
Patching looked like a future International at one time,it just shows how frequently things can change and the difficulties these youngsters face.
Hopefully he gets back to a decent level.

Regards Joe,a huge shame.Again,hopefully he recovers and kicks on as he too looks a great talent.

Patching looked like a future International at one time,it just shows how frequently things can change and the difficulties these youngsters face.
Hopefully he gets back to a decent level.

Regards Joe,a huge shame.Again,hopefully he recovers and kicks on as he too looks a great talent.

Hodge did indeed looked like a huge talent. I`m sure we all wish him all the very best and a speedy recovery.

He seems incredibly unfortunate. Wasn't it a broken leg or something similar that kept him out for a long time previously?

If it was a case of multiple soft tissue injuries then it would also be sad to see but at least we have a better idea of where to stand. Fractures and other impact injuries are another matter.

That being said, I'm not a doctor and could well be talking out of my arse.

Any news on Joe ahead of the new season? - is he fit and, if so, where will he be playing his football this season?

Back injuries are a bastard, hope it clears up. He needs a good loan to the right club, a big year for him
Yep it’s a real shame he seemed to be very highly rated a few years back and in the two FAYC games last November he was arguably our best player across the two. Injuries are a nightmare at that age so really hope he’s recovered and gets a good season now to get back on track.

Hodge was a very early developer, he was a man 15 and fully grown. Good player but as a prospect I don’t think ever stood a chance at city as a defensive midfielder,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.