Joe's face

Skashion said:
The Pink Panther said:
Do you remember Itallia 90?
Shilton waited and went the right way every time, but never got near the ball as all the penalties were struck so well.

David Seaman was a decent penalty saver, but he didn't get near any of the six that Germany took in Euro 96

The Italians all took excellent penalties last night. Where as England missed the target with one and the other was a powder puff effort
Nope, too young.

As a general rule, keepers, especially good ones, should expect to save one in five. If five penalties hit the bottom or top hand corners out of a keeper's reach, ok you can't do anything. However, I think it's an insult to Hart to claim he couldn't save either Pirlo or Diamanti, those were two very saveable penalties. I certainly wouldn't class either as excellent, or even good. Unless you abide by the adage that any penalty which goes in is a good one.

I reckon I could have saved Pirlo's.

I remember the Shilton one well. Many felt at the time that Robson should have brought Beasant on as the last sub as he had (relatively) recently saved that pen from John Aldridge. Shilts wasn't tall enough to be effective in a penalty shootout imo,but it would have been a very bold move nonetheless.

some right dicks on here,a goalkeeper has about 1 in 8 chance of saving a penalty,anybody expecting a goalkeeper to save a penalty is deluded,so i guess its no surprise that some on bluemoon think he should

I've personally never had the confidence that Hart would save certain penaltys unlike other keepers. It may just be me having that 'I'm shitting it feeling' which i then pass onto Hart.

Still think Hart should of took a penalty before Cole.

The Italians had the benefit of Marios advice on Harts penalty habits, he does go early but even so Pirlo's was a beauty.

Skashion said:
wireblue said:
i would class it as absolutely out of this world
Then your brain has a new companion.

To think that it wasn't is either a wind up or you just want to have a controversial opinion for the sake of it

I'm extremely surprised no one has posted this exhibit yet, or am I the only one to remember it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2-Nkc8-Kig[/youtube]

The only thing about Joe's antics are that if he saves a penalty then it is fine, but if he doesn't he just ends up looking a ****. Well, he ended up looking a bit of a dick really.

I liked harts approach but unfortunately the Italians have more bottle than the English.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.