Joe's face

The Pink Panther said:
Do you remember Itallia 90?
Shilton waited and went the right way every time, but never got near the ball as all the penalties were struck so well.

David Seaman was a decent penalty saver, but he didn't get near any of the six that Germany took in Euro 96

The Italians all took excellent penalties last night. Where as England missed the target with one and the other was a powder puff effort
Nope, too young.

As a general rule, keepers, especially good ones, should expect to save one in five. If five penalties hit the bottom or top hand corners out of a keeper's reach, ok you can't do anything. However, I think it's an insult to Hart to claim he couldn't save either Pirlo or Diamanti, those were two very saveable penalties. I certainly wouldn't class either as excellent, or even good. Unless you abide by the adage that any penalty which goes in is a good one.

Skashion said:
The Pink Panther said:
Shilton waited and went the right way every time, but never got near the ball as all the penalties were struck so well.

David Seaman was a decent penalty saver, but he didn't get near any of the six that Germany took in Euro 96

The Italians all took excellent penalties last night. Where as England missed the target with one and the other was a powder puff effort
Nope, too young.

As a general rule, keepers, especially good ones, should expect to save one in five. If five penalties hit the bottom or top hand corners out of a keeper's reach, ok you can't do anything. However, I think it's an insult to Hart to claim he couldn't save either Pirlo or Diamanti, those were two very saveable penalties. I certainly wouldn't class either as excellent, or even good. Unless you abide by the adage that any penalty which goes in is a good one.

I thought Diamanti had seen which way Hart was going. He knew that he didnt have to put the ball in the corner or hammer it. Just put it safely to the other side of him. If that's right then it was a very good penalty.

woodi97 said:
city1999 said:
Not got any pictures , but he did look a bit of a plank
Making faces towards the penalty takers!
I thought he may of saved atleast one, the way he's been going on
That he had studied them

I have to disagree he was only trying to put the players off

It didn't work :)

cibaman said:
I thought Diamanti had seen which way Hart was going. He knew that he didnt have to put the ball in the corner or hammer it. Just put it safely to the other side of him. If that's right then it was a very good penalty.
Aye, I don't have time-changing powers though so as I could not determine how the Pirlo and Diamanti penalties would have gone otherwise I've either got to say a) the penalties were savable or b) that Hart shouldn't have gone early. I've said both in this thread and it amounts to the same thing; Joe Hart could have done a lot better.

Keepers are never guilty for not defending penalties.. if they do it, it's great and they're heros but if not, it's not their fault, it's very hard thing to do.

I didn't think Hart was great on penalties before last night so was not surprised he didn't save any. He rarely saves penalties, did one last year against swansea doing this psychological ranting before shot but I don't think it's something that matters too much..

cibaman said:
Skashion said:
The Pink Panther said:

Nope, too young.

Diamanti's shot was to his left because just before the penalty Buffon gave to him a tip (do not cross your shot), that is what Cole didn't have to do :D

Skashion said:
The Pink Panther said:

Nope, too young.

i wouldn't class pirlo's penalty as excellent or good either - i would class it as absolutely out of this world. To blame hart for the penalties he didn't save is quite unbelievable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.