John Carew [Merged]

Re: John Carew

PlattLaneBoy said:
And another thing mcs.

Is it so wrong for me to want to see city sign qualiy playersyour making it out like im a daft c**t 'you are a perfect example of what I was saying earlier in the thread about people having unrealistic expectiations' unrealistic my ass i just want the best for my club the club iv followed since down in division 2 when a record signin back then was 100,000. so is it so rong of me to get exited at the prospect of signing some of the worlds best players :s

I think carews not good enough you think hes brilliant. Your entitled to your opinions but dont knock mine.

OH FFS, I never said it was wrong of you to be excited at the prospect of signing great players or for you to want to see us sign quality players. Do you think I want to see us stuck in mid table mediocrity? Do you honestly think I wouldn't love to see players like Aguero, Villa etc at the club? We have all seen City when things have not been so good (Such as that lovely year visiting some of those wonderful division 2 grounds), but its not got any part to do with this argument (Apart from making some fans perhaps too eager for instant success).

I'm sorry if you took that comment the wrong way I did not mean it to be insulting, but you expecations imo are an example of those that I feel are unrealistic. I may well be proven wrong and they may turn out to be realistic, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

And nowhere have I said Carew is brilliant. I said I think he is a good player and could do a job for the club.

mcs - I agree with what your saying in terms of building the squad and that Carew would be a useful signing

but the following quote jumped out at me

mcs said:
Currently, the equation is fairly simple. We can only compete on a financial level. If these big clubs make a similar offer to us, then for the large majority of players (>99% would be my guess), then there is only one place they will chose, and unfortunately it won't be City. The situation surrouding Robinho is hardly going to repeat itself in a way like it did to our advantage with any other players.

I was looking at this and the thing that struck me was there maybe more big name players availble than the big clubs can buy

when you think about it Valencia will sell as they need the money to pay loans ....... so if they sell Villa and Silva we may see them signing a couple of lower price replacement so in over simplified term we could be looking a 2 out 1 in so it's one extra big name player. If Kaka is sold for silly money they need to rebuild their aging team so they will spend the cash on players that are a level or two down from the big names. Any other big club that are feeling the credit crunch will be triming their squads but what will their owners do if all of a sudden a big money offer come through the fax machine for their star player.

I think we could be looking at some clubs selling big names and using some of the cash generated on other thing rather than big name replacements.

Madrid can't buy them all

Obviously not a name everyone was expecting by the look of things, but maybe reality has to soak in now, what do we appeal to big players?, players like carew are more realistic signings, personally i think hes a top player, just what we need, yes there is better out there but he's proven in the premiership which is always a good start, only thing i am worried about is whats previously been mentioned it this thread and thats his all round fitness.

would instantly give us a threat that we have lacked for years when taking set pieces.

badge said:
unbelievable! we're the richest club in the world and still there are people who would be happy with buying an aston villa cast-off.

hes only cast off since heskey came leprechauns favourite. which means he was only part of villas good spell but not their bad! i would take carew over RSC ANYDAY of the week. + altough injured he isnt as prone as rsc

sorry iv obviosly missed something , but where does it say , or who says were being linked with carew?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.