John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 11 in 12 for Feyenoord

Poor mans Bendtner. Not good enough for us at any level regardless of what he does in the Dutch league.

brian the blue said:
Poor mans Bendtner. Not good enough for us at any level regardless of what he does in the Dutch league.

I'll go with Bobby's judgement on this. If we made the effort to stop him going to Twenty, then it's obvious the club see he has a future with us. Like said previously, he's a young lad who is still maturing and on the evidence we have seen so far, he looks an excellent prospect for the future.

brian the blue said:
Well regardless of the fact that the professionals at our club thought he was good enough to at least warrant further assessment, I'll go with your expert opinion - bin him now!

LoveCity said:
Some people forget he's 19 even though he looks physically mature. Not 22 like Sturridge. At 19, Sturridge was struggling for games and very lightweight. At 19, Welbeck was out on loan at Preston and nothing outstanding. At 19, Drogba had a terrible goalscoring rate in I think the French 2nd division. Dzeko was flogged for €25,000 at the age of 19 wasn't he?

Point being, Guidetti is not a finished product but for the age of 19 is a super prospect and doing far better than many strikers did who went on to become top class players. This is his first proper season in a respectable league and he has 11 goals in 12 games. He isn't lightning fast but isn't slow, has good movement and a good finish, he is strong for his age and is likely to become even stronger when he reaches his 20s. Playing around our three strikers could only make him a better player also.

You make a very good point, I guess we normally just expect far too much too soon. Here's hoping we can as a club create something really special with this guy.

You can only play against the teams that are in the league you have been put in. He did well in Sweden I believe, now he's doing great in Holland.

His goalscoring ratio is on a par with Huntelaar, Suarez etc (also Alfonso Alves :D). I'm pretty sure he will be a backup striker here next year as will be under 21 so won't have to be registered and BM will be able to have a real good look at him/work with him for a year. Don't forget he's still only 19 years old (20 in April).

I'm damn sure if he's not kept by us as a 4th striker he'll get himself a loan deal with a decent side in a good league if he keeps up this sort of scoring ratio. A lot of lower level La Liga, Serie A maybe Bundesliga clubs would be prepared to take someone who scored lots of goals in the Eredvisie for just the cost of wages.

brian the blue said:

That's a cruel comparison. Whether John makes it at the top level or not you can guarantee total effort when he plays which never looks the case when Bendtner plays.He also has a much better eye for a goal than he does and at the moment he is doing his career a power of good and possibly his chances of being given a go at City.

Mancini must have seen something and it would not at all surprise me if we keep him next year.

brian the blue said:
You know absolutely fuck all, ok? Ok.

Glad to clear that up.

Jumanji said:
brian the blue said:
You know absolutely fuck all, ok? Ok.

Glad to clear that up.

Agreed.

brian the blue said:

Some City fans truly amaze me with their support for our youths! Makes me remember the "Sturridge isn't good enough anyway" comments when he left.

At what level (other than reserves) has Bendtner ever scored or are you just naming that wank egotistical footballer for shock value? He's scored over 10 goals in ONE season (and that was in 40+ games) for Birmingham in the Championship.

Deserves a chance in my opinion, he got sent out to Feyenoord to show what he can do and he's done just that. Get him back, and lets see what he's got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.