John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 17 goals and 5 assists in 15 for Feyenoord

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluesmith said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
#

My only point being we can't use the Dutch league to be a proper barometer of where the lad currently stands.

Samaras and Alves scored for fun over there.
Samaras didnt have a good scoring record at all, it was 1 goal in just under 4 games. (25 in 88)

Well we decided to spend £5m at the peak of his scoring powers, whatever they were at the time.

Think he scored six in one game that particular season, or was that Alves?

Sven wanted to buy him, too!
That was Alves, you seem to be making a comparision with samaras when you clearly know very little about him or why we signed him, he was never signed as an out and out striker as he had played more as second striker and also out wide, Huntelaar was the main striker in the Heerenveen team.

Bayern Munich set to swoop?
Man City striker attracting interest from Bayern Munich

by talkSPORT
Monday, February 13, 2012

Manchester City striker John Guidetti is attracting the attention of German giants Bayern Munich.
The 19-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Feyenoord where he has scored a stunning 17 goals in 15 league appearances.
According to Dutch paper Der Telegraaf, the Bundesliga side had scouts at the Dutch club's 3-1 win over Vitesse on Sunday in which the City star scored his third hat-trick in four games.
Roberto Mancini's side want to keep the Swedish star and loan him out again next season to allow him to continue his development.
But Bayern, currently second in the league and in the last-16 of the Champions League, are considering testing City's resolve with a bid in the summer.
Related Content
Video: Any thing Roo can do Guidetti can do better

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1545/92/man-city-striker-attracting-interest-bayern-munich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... ern-munich</a>?

johnny crossan said:
Roberto Mancini's side want to keep the Swedish star and loan him out again next season to allow him to continue his development.

Honestly, we deserve to lose him if we loan him out for 2 years of his new 3 year contract. If we can't give a kid who is being regarded as one of Europe's most exciting young talents a chance as #4 striker (after Jo managed 25 appearances last season and after we've had no striker on the bench for far too many games this season), not only he but many of our youth will lose faith in making it here. And if he is good enough to attract the attention of Bayern and Arsenal, surely he's good enough to make the bench for us? I'm hopeful the club will make the right decisions here.

LoveCity said:
johnny crossan said:

Honestly, we deserve to lose him if we loan him out for 2 years of his new 3 year contract. If we can't give a kid who is being regarded as one of Europe's most exciting young talents a chance as #4 striker (after Jo managed 25 appearances last season and after we've had no striker on the bench for far too many games this season), not only he but many of our youth will lose faith in making it here. And if he is good enough to attract the attention of Bayern and Arsenal, surely he's good enough to make the bench for us? I'm hopeful the club will make the right decisions here.

correct if he doesnt get a chance then there really isnt hope for the rest of the youth lads

needs to be loaned to a prem team next season

Bayern's scout Bjorn Andersson has confirmed their interest in Guidetti. Do not sell.

bluebannana said:
LoveCity said:
johnny crossan said:

correct if he doesnt get a chance then there really isnt hope for the rest of the youth lads

i`d like to see him again to reassess as i didnt think he was anything special before he left on loan, but hey what do i know

I think if the Arse and Bayern are sniffing, then we'll see Guidetti in the squad next season. With the amount of competions we're in, he'll get plenty of football.

LoveCity said:
Bayern's scout Bjorn Andersson has confirmed their interest in Guidetti. Do not sell.

I wonder what fee we would demand for such a prolific player that has yet to play a first team game with the actual parent club?

The thread has decended into the Guidetti fan club versus the world.

He needs to be tested in the Premiership. That we all agree on. Pre-season and up until new year in the 25 man squad. If no impression made then loan him out to Prem club. My choice: Everton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.