John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

Re: John Guidetti: 17 goals and 5 assists in 15 for Feyenoord

ono said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He's too slow, no pace whatsoever.

Will score for fun in Holland and in the Championship, but won't make it at City.
Why would he require pace to be our 4th choice striker?

Considering the way we play, and how deep teams sit against us, he doesn't really need to be lightning quick because we hardly get behind teams. He's hardly slow anyway. Just has average pace.

He's a finisher, and considering he's won the vast majority of the penalties he's scored, i'd imagine he is nippy enough over a few yeards, or at least has a turn of pace.

Writing a 19 year old off after he's scored 3 hat-tricks in 4 games in the Dutch League.....deary me.

There's plenty to like about him.

From what I know about the boy, he's not exactly shy when it comes to confidence and was the main reason behind him running down his initial contract.

Not sure fourth choice will be enough for him, ultimately.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluebannana said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
And for every Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp and Luis Suarez to come out of Holland, there is a Samaras or a Alfonso Alves.

Move him back over here on loan to a Wolves, Villa, Everton, and make a better view.

agree with loaning him to another prem club, but the whole point is he isnt samaras or alves is he ? we cant write him off just because others have failed
#

My only point being we can't use the Dutch league to be a proper barometer of where the lad currently stands.

Samaras and Alves scored for fun over there.
Samaras didnt have a good scoring record at all, it was 1 goal in just under 4 games. (25 in 88)

'kin ell what's gone on over the last couple of pages? he's not as fast as usain bolt so he might aswell quit football and he's not balotelli so he's shit.

The lad is scoring for fun while playing regular games at a decent level for a decent side. I'd love to see him a city but I can also see him staying a feyenoord...

bluesmith said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluebannana said:
agree with loaning him to another prem club, but the whole point is he isnt samaras or alves is he ? we cant write him off just because others have failed
#

My only point being we can't use the Dutch league to be a proper barometer of where the lad currently stands.

Samaras didnt have a good scoring record at all, it was 1 goal in just under 4 games. (25 in 88)

Well we decided to spend £5m at the peak of his scoring powers, whatever they were at the time.

Think he scored six in one game that particular season, or was that Alves?

Sven wanted to buy him, too!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluebannana said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
And for every Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp and Luis Suarez to come out of Holland, there is a Samaras or a Alfonso Alves.

Move him back over here on loan to a Wolves, Villa, Everton, and make a better view.

#

Samaras didn't.

It's stupid logic anyway. At the minute we don't have a 4th choice striker. We're unlikely to be able to buy a player with a lot of ability who would be happy to be 4th choice. If we bought another world class forward, Dzeko or Balotelli wouldn't tolerate being 4th choice either.

Guidetti would be perfect for us next season.

ono said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluebannana said:
#

Samaras didn't.

It's stupid logic anyway. At the minute we don't have a 4th choice striker. We're unlikely to be able to buy a player with a lot of ability who would be happy to be 4th choice. If we bought another world class forward, Dzeko or Balotelli wouldn't tolerate being 4th choice either.

Guidetti would be perfect for us next season.

...and we don't want to be like chelsea do we? we need to bring these kids through before it's too late. No good just buying and buying.

He'd be dynamite in Italy.

Not so much in England. Tolm is correct in that he doesn't have 'football pace'; the ability to burst for 5-10 yards. Football isn't a 100 metre dash, almost all movement that matters is done in less than 5 yards.

There have been loads of top players without football pace but have made up for it in other areas. Yaya is a good example, is slow as shit in the first 5 yards but uses his strength to make up for this until he can get up to pace in the next 10 yards.
I think people are being harsh on Ibra, who is very quick over 10 yards.

Silva isn't the quickest on the burst, but his body positioning and technique make it so that he doesn't need to be.

Still, Guidetti is a very young striker and we have the best running technique coaches in the business, so maybe he can improve

Damocles said:

Not so much in England. Tolm is correct in that he doesn't have 'football pace'; the ability to burst for 5-10 yards. Football isn't a 100 metre dash, almost all movement that matters is done in less than 5 yards.

There have been loads of top players without football pace but have made up for it in other areas. Yaya is a good example, is slow as shit in the first 5 yards but uses his strength to make up for this until he can get up to pace in the next 10 yards.

Silva isn't the quickest on the burst, but his body positioning and technique make it so that he doesn't need to be.

Still, Guidetti is a very young striker and we have the best running technique coaches in the business, so maybe he can improve

I do agree with the Italian assessment as being perhaps a better platform for him to realise the potential he does have.

Inzaghi, Totti, even Trezeguet, players I don't rate.

All the same, great scoring records, but able to thrive because they play/played in a league where the requirement to work back is not so vital.

The dilemma for City as a club, going forward, is that good players coming through our ranks may not be afforded the game time, and they get restless.

I don't know how Barca do it, because nobody else has.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:

I do agree with the Italian assessment as being perhaps a better platform for him to realise the potential he does have.

Inzaghi, Totti, even Trezeguet, players I don't rate.

All the same, great scoring records, but able to thrive because they play/played in a league where the requirement to work back is not so vital

The dilemma for City as a club, going forward, is that good players coming through our ranks may not be afforded the game time, and they get restless.

I don't know how Barca do it, because nobody else has.

Strangely enough all 3 have won a WC as well

We start a season with four world class strikers, and then:

Kun - Suffering a dip in form, does the hard work, fluff's the finale. Form is temporary, class is permanent, and it will come back.

Edin - Suffering a big dip in form and confidence, banjo's and bull's arses come to mind at the moment. Same as Kun imo.

Mario - Anything can happen, and usually does. Disappointing to lose him for 25% of games played to date for silly things. Still not totally convinced, but would love him to grow (up) and prosper.

Tevez - Nothing to add that hasnt been said.

If it wasnt for this, we wouldnt really be talking about Guidetti. He is certainly looking promising, and deserves an opportunity to see if he can or he can't. But if any of the above start to deliver, he wont get many starts and for his own sake will probably do better to move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.