John Guidetti

Sky have just posted this:

-

Swedish teenager John Guidetti admits he is unsure where his future lies after refusing to confirm whether he will be joining FC Twente.

The 19-year-old's contract with Manchester City expired during the summer although the player has joined the Eastlands squad for pre-season training in America.

The Dutch club thought they had the youngster's signature in the bag, but he simply failed to report for pre-season training.
Future

He said: "I don't know what's happening at the moment. I have to try to live for the moment.

"I am grateful to be here with City and keeping myself fit."

The striker claims he has had no contact with anybody at Eastlands regarding his future.

"I was told to travel with the squad and I don't know exactly how long I will be in the USA," he continued.

"I doubt I will play a game with the team but it's always fun to be with City.

"I've been in a positive mood and I'm just focusing on my football. I really don't know what will happen and I'm not thinking too much about it."

Meanwhile, Guidetti's agent Per Jonsson told Swedish news agent TT that City want the youngster to stay.

Hmmm, sounds like he's waiting to see if he gets a better offer.

He should be careful not to get injured training with us, and I hope we have asked him to sign a disclaimer just in case. I bet his own insurance won't be as good as anything the club would have, if he signed for us.

You're only 19,get the contract that is on the table signed,see where you are in twelve months,if no nearer the first team then move on.

Leaving now,it what may be the most important year of your development, could be the biggest regret of your career.

According to swedish papers Twente and City have come to an agreement and Guidetti will not be joining them. Guidettis agent also says that John wants to stay at City and City wants to keep him.

I've posted in other threads the same info;

He wants to stay, the club want him to stay. He wants first team football. It's not about money or for any other reason. He just wants to play football and have a good career. Cannot fault that. From my understanding he and his family are very happy in Manchester.

He did travel to Twente. They wanted him to sign a contract there and then, his agent wasn't there but his father was. Monetary matters were agreed and he signed some paperwork to say that the wages offered were acceptable and would not be subject to renegotiation if he was happy to sign a contract.

Twente took exception when he wouldn't agree to sign terms and threatened legal action, from speaking with his father last Wednesday that was still the case. If this has now been resolved I don't know.

From what I've been told he would like to stay but it all depends on his first team opportunities and developing his career and as a footballer. It's easy for us to say that he should stick around but he's at an important point in his career. With the club looking at bringing in strikers, Mancini stated he needed 1 more before Tevez said he wished to leave so on that basis potentially two new arrivals will be in front of him.

He could stick around and in two years be the forgotten man, with limited options or alternatively he could stick around, get an opportunity through injuries to get regular first team action and cement a first team place. It's a tough call for a young man to make although his Dad is clearly a source of support and guidance.

My hope is that he sticks around, one which I expressed to his father to pass on

If he stays he should get games, we've got potentially a huge amount of matches and we'll be like the other top teams when it comes to League Cup and early FA Cup rounds ... even Jo got some game time last year!!!

Why don't we just loan him out to gain some first team football experience? Depending on how well he does, we can then decide he's good enough for our first team squad or sell him on, simples!

So we took this lad to LA with us as part of the touring party when he is without a contract, yet left Jo (who Mancini has turned to on occasions, and to be fair played well out in the US last summer) behind.

Can we assume that he is wanting to stay at City? Surely, given his potential, its better for both parties that he signs a contract and then we send him out on loan for a season for experience? Maybe Leicester and Sven could have the honours?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.