John Guidetti

km09 said:
Newcastle need a Striker, would be a good team for him to go to.

Not this season,a long way off being their no.9.

He needs plenty of training before he goes anywhere.

hey, why loan him out? Should keep him here and get him back to full fitness, than play him in first team. Hasn't he been training for months? Perhaps in several weeks, like by mid Feb. he can start making bench for the first team. I'm just not fully sure on how bad this thing was.

Re: John Guidetti, not just a big bulky forward....

CTID101 said:
Going out on loan to any team isn't going to help right now. Do people realize what he has gone through recently?

He needs some serious and specific conditioning/training, the best place for him is with us right now. Let him play the EDS games and maybe be involved in the match day warm ups etc.

If he can come through it fine then he goes out on another season long loan next year and then comes back for a full pre season and slots into the squad if he has proved himself of course.

I am not a qualified physio etc but to me I just think it is crazy to think he can play a Prem game or even FA Cup this year!

I don't think it would be bad to get him just back playing but not necessarily at too high a standard. I think it would not be a bad idea to give him another couple of months recovering with us and playing with the EDS squad and then possibly loaning him out to a Championship club towards the end of March (window closes 24th March).

I'd love for a few of the young guys to go off to the one Championship club together for the end of the season. A club who was only a couple of points above relegation would surely be accommodating to Rekik, Suarez and Guidetti joining them help them stay up. I wouldn't even ask them to pay their wages if they're giving them game time.

Either that or depending on where Derby County are sitting on the table in regards to promotion playoff positions we could try and include a couple of higher quality loans as part of reducing a fee for Will Hughes in the summer.

Mancini: "Guidetti is not ready to play in this minute. It is difficult for him to recover after his injury. I think he needs another two months."

In high demand apparently,however,it doesn't tie in with what Mancini has today stated.........

Manchester City's John Guidetti could reportedly leave the Etihad Stadium during the January transfer window, with the Swedish striker a reported target for La Liga club Sevilla.

According to AS, Sevilla are interested in taking the youngster on loan, even though Guidetti has not played a senior match since suffering an injury in April.

Guidetti enjoyed a fruitful spell away from Manchester City last season in the Eredvisie with Feyenoord, where the 20-year-old scored 20 times in only 23 appearances for the Dutch club.

With prospects of breaking into the Manchester City first-team this season seemingly slim for Guidetti, another temporary move away from the club is likely to be advised.

Roberto Mancini already has Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli at his disposal, so Guidetti is likely to have to look elsewhere for another crack at first-team football.

According to Sky Sports, Malaga are also keen on the Sweden international, while there is interest from Italy in the shape of Rome and Palermo

If he can get fit it would be good for him to go out on loan but not st the expense of going out too early and reinjuring himself or something other weird I dunno would prefer to play it safe with him but if he's fit enough to go out he'll go out

It would be great to get his fitness up, play him in the EDS, then bench him for a couple of games in the Prem. Bring him on for the last 15 mins, maybe with game already won and see how he performs at the top level.

Sure he's already started playing for the EDS...scored on his comeback

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/interviews/2013/john-guidetti-goal-and-interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/interviews ... -interview</a>

Really hope he gets his chance with us. Would be nice to use a striker who has come through our ranks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.