John Guidetti

Mario was a project striker and usually a top teams 4th choice is the youngster trying to break through, John's time has come to fit that position now Balotelli has gone.

For me I will take John as our 4th choice over any so called top striker coming in on big money, this lad wants to prove himself at the top level and has proven at Feyenoord he has the mentality to reach the top, that is priceless.

What we will get from John that I am sure he will do is desire on the pitch, a desire to do whatever he can to make sure he will get picked for the next game, picked for Champions League games, that's what we want.

What a statement we can make if he starts performing for us, having a player from our academy coming through and hopefully putting in really promising performances is a bigger statement to world football than going out and buying the new flavour of the month striker on big wages. Not only will we be respected more, but it shows a light at the end of the tunnel for all of the other academy players looking to break through!

sam-caddick said:
Mario was a project striker and usually a top teams 4th choice is the youngster trying to break through, John's time has come to fit that position now Balotelli has gone.

For me I will take John as our 4th choice over any so called top striker coming in on big money, this lad wants to prove himself at the top level and has proven at Feyenoord he has the mentality to reach the top, that is priceless.

What we will get from John that I am sure he will do is desire on the pitch, a desire to do whatever he can to make sure he will get picked for the next game, picked for Champions League games, that's what we want.

What a statement we can make if he starts performing for us, having a player from our academy coming through and hopefully putting in really promising performances is a bigger statement to world football than going out and buying the new flavour of the month striker on big wages. Not only will we be respected more, but it shows a light at the end of the tunnel for all of the other academy players looking to break through!

Spot on.

sam-caddick said:

exactly, for me, Guidetti doesn't have to succeed, he just has to be given a fair chance. If Mancini gives Guidetti ample time to try and prove himself, it will show all the other youth players that they can break through into the first team.

NoahCity said:
sam-caddick said:

exactly, for me, Guidetti doesn't have to succeed, he just has to be given a fair chance. If Mancini gives Guidetti ample time to try and prove himself, it will show all the other youth players that they can break through into the first team.

Adding on the point of making an example for Youth players, to grab the attention of us City fan by giving your all and making the most of a loan.

Guidetti scored yesterday in the EDS game against Bolton, final score was 3-3. Pozo got a brace! Guidetti also played the full 90 minutes and said on twitter that it felt good. I still think it'll be a couple of weeks before he gets first team action. A few more EDS games and he should be ready (in my opinion).

rastus said:
Hope he gets his deserved opportunity, however we need someone with pace of which I am sure he posseses

I'd say lack of pace is his main weakness. He's a heavy and strong lad, and I don't think he'll ever be particularly fast.

Matt the Giant said:
rastus said:
Hope he gets his deserved opportunity, however we need someone with pace of which I am sure he posseses

I'd say lack of pace is his main weakness. He's a heavy and strong lad, and I don't think he'll ever be particularly fast.

Yeah, I agree with you Matt. He's very much a Dzeko type of player, however, I think he's quite good with his feet; fairly tricky when it comes to dribbling.

woahmark said:
Matt the Giant said:
rastus said:

Yeah, I agree with you Matt. He's very much a Dzeko type of player, however, I think he's quite good with his feet; fairly tricky when it comes to dribbling.

He is except Guidetti has this thing called "First Touch"; Dzeko seems to have lost it.

If Bobby gives him as many chances he gave Mario then he should be able to show us all what he's got.

Also, should Guidetti score a couple of goals in his first few appearances, be ready to compare the media's reaction to what happens when a rag kid makes news on his debut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.