John Guidetti

Josh Blue said:
Dzeko can dribble well btw.
Aye but he's got a weird dribbling style. Big touches, 'fake shots' for those who play FIFA etc..Best example of Dzeko's dribbling his that in the build up to winning the penalty at home to Sunderland last season.

Hopefully he will be fit enough for a place on the bench against Leeds on Sunday. We will just have to wait and see.

going off the very limited amount of him I've seen and even what's posted on Youtube, he seems to be similar to Dzeko in some ways, I can at least see the comparison. Shooting from angle, playing to open up for a shot, just generally pouncing on goals, these are good qualities

I think people are way too optimistic in wanting him in our squad today, not because he couldn't compete, but I think there'd be severe disappointment in him. I'm not sure I've seen much of him creating his own chances, and our attack right now isn't exactly generating the types of chances you see him scoring on in the video, as an example. In most cases he's playing fast against a stretched defense, finding space for a shot and making it go. I'm not sure that he'd offer much more to us than our current strike force when we manage to possess the ball and he's just hanging around waiting for an opening that probably will never come.

I mean, I'd definitely try to play him a bit and see if you find something, plus I'm in complete favor of people who will shoot from distance in our setup, I just wouldn't be overly optimistic that he'd (or truthfully any striker) set the league on fire without us first solving our build up issues and the inability to create space for the striker to work in.

Josh Blue said:
Joehannes said:
Josh Blue said:
Dzeko can dribble well btw.
Aye but he's got a weird dribbling style. Big touches, 'fake shots' for those who play FIFA etc..Best example of Dzeko's dribbling his that in the build up to winning the penalty at home to Sunderland last season.

Goal vs QPR away last season?
Exception to the rule ;) I don't think he's a bad dribbler at all. Think he's more suited to the big touch style.

Edin won't be here next year and john will

People also shouldn't underrate everything he's had to go through in these last 9 months. Its incredible to think that he could actually get first team time this season.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
woahmark said:
He has so far played around 225 minutes of football for EDS in about three weeks, I think (don't quote me on that), so he's doing well.

I think it is 135 mins, 45 in his first game (scored 1) and 90 in his second ( scored 1). He has been very unlucky as he should have had another 2 games but both the last 2 have been postponed due to weather (Norwich at Home and Palace away)

Cheers, could of sworn he played another game, my mistake. Nice to see him scoring - even if its in the EDS.

-- Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 pm --

teddykgb said:
going off the very limited amount of him I've seen and even what's posted on Youtube, he seems to be similar to Dzeko in some ways, I can at least see the comparison. Shooting from angle, playing to open up for a shot, just generally pouncing on goals, these are good qualities

I think people are way too optimistic in wanting him in our squad today, not because he couldn't compete, but I think there'd be severe disappointment in him. I'm not sure I've seen much of him creating his own chances, and our attack right now isn't exactly generating the types of chances you see him scoring on in the video, as an example. In most cases he's playing fast against a stretched defense, finding space for a shot and making it go. I'm not sure that he'd offer much more to us than our current strike force when we manage to possess the ball and he's just hanging around waiting for an opening that probably will never come.

I mean, I'd definitely try to play him a bit and see if you find something, plus I'm in complete favor of people who will shoot from distance in our setup, I just wouldn't be overly optimistic that he'd (or truthfully any striker) set the league on fire without us first solving our build up issues and the inability to create space for the striker to work in.

I get what you're saying - too much hype is not good. But in regards to his passing - he got something like 8 or so assists last season, I didn't watch much of him, but I've read from a couple of articles that passing is very much in his game. Not saying whether he will be better than Dzeko when it comes to passing (seen Edin make some lovely passes here and there) but Guidetti isn't a slouch when it comes to setting up his teammates :)

Here's a video of him from three years ago: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2xXiGAgsPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2xXiGAgsPQ</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.