John Guidetti

RVZ Urmston said:
I have read some shit written on here about our "young" players but to say our EDS could beat Barnsley is an absolute joke. Those posting that view need to actually go an watch the EDS as like someone pointed out, the team finished near the bottom of the group and are not tearing any trees up. Barnsley would love it if we played 3 or 4 untried kids. Nah, hardened lower league pros would eat em up. Thank fuck our manager would never listen to such nieve comments.

haha agree with this.

fucking lunacy on this last page.

which would you rather turned up to play you... yaya toure and david silva, or abdul razzak and dennis suarez?

it is now our BIGGEST game in immediate sight.

woahmark said:
Marvin said:
woahmark said:
This. I think two youngsters should be on the bench for the match against Barnsley. Wouldn't mind if Suarez came on in the second half for Silva. Same goes for Razak, he needs game time this season.
This is the FA Cup Quarter-Final. One of our biggest matches of the season against players who will probably being playing the biggest game of their career.

I said bench, I didn't say start. And it's against Barnsley, who are 21st in the Championship. I think Razak and Suarez deserve to play 20 minutes or so if the game is going well, i.e 2-0 lead in say the 70th minute.

This, Razak and Suarez deserve to play some minutes..

CityCTID said:
woahmark said:
Marvin said:
This is the FA Cup Quarter-Final. One of our biggest matches of the season against players who will probably being playing the biggest game of their career.

I said bench, I didn't say start. And it's against Barnsley, who are 21st in the Championship. I think Razak and Suarez deserve to play 20 minutes or so if the game is going well, i.e 2-0 lead in say the 70th minute.

Why do they deserve it?

Why doesn't Milner or Sinclair deserve it? or what about Lescott? Kolo? Kolarov?

CTID101 said:
CityCTID said:
woahmark said:

Why do they deserve it?

Why doesn't Milner or Sinclair deserve it? or what about Lescott? Kolo? Kolarov?

Well Milner is getting a lot of game time. Lescott has been replaced by Nastasic, who is 19, he's younger than Razak and older than Suarez.

Kolo has received game time this season, but he should understand that he will always play second fiddle to Kompany. Kolarov does get the odd game, here and there, but I'm sure he knows that Clichy is the 1st choice LB.

I think it's ridiculous when your biggest youth prospects (currently) barely make game time, with one of them, voted young player of the year, hasn't even made his league debut!

You can say all you want about 'if they're good enough, they'll play' but in a squad of Man City's calibre they will never be 'better' than Milner, Lescott, Kolo and Kolarov if they aren't loaned out or not getting any minutes. Denis Suarez's development maybe in danger of stagnating - he himself said if he isn't involved in the first team next season, he will look elsewhere for game time.

Razak hasn't been loaned out nor is he getting minutes, he is pretty much wasting a few months of career. Not even playing EDS games, I believe. Someone will say 'training with top players like Yaya, Silva, Aguero..etc. he is getting experience, makes up for lack of game time' yes he is but he needs game time (match experience) in order to fully improve. He isn't getting that.

Now I'm not saying play the EDS team against Barnsley, I'm just saying that it would be good if Razak and Suarez get minutes against Barnsley or towards the end of the season in the Premier League season (if united win the title).

Yes sometimes senior players will have to make way for youth players (in minor games), that's the way it works. Got to give the younger ones chances. A lot of teams do it.

Just my thoughts, tho :-)

I see what your saying but him saying that they deserve it is rubbish. They have done nothing to prove they should play.

The week leading up to the Reading game Rekik did and he played, the week before the Watford game Lopes proved he was good enough and he was on the bench.

I can see why people say they should be out on loan but does anyone here know for a fact we are not letting them go or is it a fact that no club wants them?
They can't go on loan if no one wants them!

I agree they should be given a chance but only if they prove themselves to Mancini which at the moment they mustn't be doing as I am sure Mancini would be having them on the bench and involved if they were.

woahmark said:
Yes sometimes senior players will have to make way for youth players (in minor games), that's the way it works. Got to give the younger ones chances. A lot of teams do it.
An FA Cup quater final, the competition that remains our only realistic chance of silverware this season, is not in any way a "minor" game.

These lads are watched in training every day by a whole range of coaching staff, not just the manager, and its my suspicion that they are not being selected for one very good reason, they're not good enough to be selected, and that should be the only criteria for selecting players in any of our remaining games, until we can no longer win the league mathematically, or we are out of the FA Cup.

Lack of loans to any quality sides makes me to think they're just not good enough. You can see rags, Arsenal, spurs, chelsea sending their youngster on loan to Premier League sides or elsewhere in Europe all the time, we send them to some obscure European leagues or some odd League 1 club.

City academy looks like being on very low point at this moment and not only facilities but some heavy staff changes are needed there. As well as in scouting department.

cleavers said:
woahmark said:
An FA Cup quater final, the competition that remains our only realistic chance of silverware this season, is not in any way a "minor" game.

These lads are watched in training every day by a whole range of coaching staff, not just the manager, and its my suspicion that they are not being selected for one very good reason, they're not good enough to be selected, and that should be the only criteria for selecting players in any of our remaining games, until we can no longer win the league mathematically, or we are out of the FA Cup.
When referring to minor game, I didn't mean the FA Cup match against Barnsley. I was talking about in the league if it is mathematically impossible to win it, then Suarez and Razak could make appearances in some games, not necessarily start but when City are doing well in a match - I.e winning, they should be subbed on.

I understand that they are watched every day, but my point is if united win the league, a couple of younger lads should make appearances here and there on the basis that city are winning that game by say 2-0 in like the 75th minute or so, just an example.

Slightly concerned about Guidetti, wasn't in the squad for the EDS yesterday again and hasn't played a game for quite a few weeks.

Faces an uphill struggle if he wants to be a permanent memer of the squad, given that this season has pretty much been a write off...let's hope its not too serious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.