John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
stones was good at eve ton though in his first season. thats why we and every other top team wanted him. he went bad under martinez a manager who taught his teams how not to defend.

Wrong.... Stones didn't start a match in the Prem until Martinez himself gave him his chance in the second half of 2013/14 season. He had a decent first few months under Martinez, the manager who apparently ruined him according to some. This led to the ridiculous hype surrounding him, but he's been error prone ever since, under Martinez and now Pep. And we paid 50 million for him. Defies belief

Last edited:
I thought he was unlucky with the last goal. He seems to have the opposite problem to our other central defenders. Just backs off and gives opposing players as much time as they need on the ball.

Unfortunately at the moment his inclusion weakens us considerably. Really hope he can turn it around but need to learn the basics of defending which he doesn't seem to grasp. I think he's a midfielder.

Stones is really starting to concern me. I'm beginning to think he's very over rated tbh, a bit like Mangala who came in with a lot of hype but failed to live up to expectations. Jack Rodwell is also a example.

Not like us to get th CB position wrong is it? We are usually so reliable at signings in that area!

At least 1 and in some cases like today 3 goals is the cost to the team of playing him. If Pep picks him again then it is Pep's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.