John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first choice defender for next season. Being in and out of the team doesn’t help him

Stones and Laporte are the future of our defence. Could go down as one of the great CB pairings if they reach their potential.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't Laporte+Stones as first choice. Otamendi+Laporte might start the season because Otamendi will get to preseason earlier, but Laporte and Stones will probably be playing together from September onwards and then injuries, form and suspensions will take over, so you can never really definitively say they'll start together all season but I think Pep will want those 2 kids to be his CB's.

We're well sorted there.

The Barnsley Beckenbauer was excellent tonight. Stones and Laporte will be our cb pairing next season barring injuries

He's been our best player at this tournament yet has barely featured when the praise is being dished out.

His form is fine,it has been for a long time,the injury doesn't need bringing up every time a comment is made - its history.

Outstanding again. Regarding that pass that went out for a throw in...it looked like Rose was out of position after just coming on bc John looked pissed and threw his hands up in the air.

Can’t really say I have much substance to this but I think he’s at his very best and is most comfortable at the center of a back three. I suspect we’ll see that more than we did last szn.

My word, what a World Cup Stones is having!

Apart from the daft moment when he got tangled up with Falcao, he was immense last night. So calm on the ball, he’s brilliant and at 24 he looks the part already.

Can’t wait to see his partnership with Laporte flourish. The next seven years with those two will be brilliant!

didn't watch the match until last minute of extra time and the pens,but the praise was being heaped on maguire ?saying that the lads on our work WhatsApp were praising stones (and pep) and some were united fans ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.