John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted we’re not getting Jorginho. Obviously transfer dealings are complex and none of the journous can accurately report the real reason or reasons of why this deal fell through but if it was money, I struggle to understand why we’ve taken a hard stance to save a few million quid because now every club knows we desperately need a defensive central midfielder and will attempt to fleece us.

Gutted we’re not getting Jorginho. Obviously transfer dealings are complex and none of the journous can accurately report the real reason or reasons of why this deal fell through but if it was money, I struggle to understand why we’ve taken a hard stance to save a few million quid because now every club knows we desperately need a defensive central midfielder and will attempt to fleece us.
What does that have to do with John Stones' performances?

they aren't though, you're just exaggerating. Considering he was doing young's, maguire's, trippier's and henderson's jobs for them for most of the tournament it's unsurprising that he eventually makes a couple of partial errors.

So it was actually Henderson's, Tripper's and Maguire's fault... Roger that.

Stones has also developed into a major goal-scoring threat at set pieces. He was a defensive header off the line away from netting a goal that prob would have seen England lining up on Sunday.

Let me get this straight. He scores two goals (his only goals in the English shirt) against a terrible, terrible Panama side. He scores 0 goals, 0 assiast and creates a total of zero chances during the 2017/2018 PL season, and all of the sudden you see a goalscorer in the making?

He has qualities that are far more vital to a possession oriented team, but surely you can not claim that goalscoring is one of his virtues?

So it was actually Henderson's, Tripper's and Maguire's fault... Roger that.

they didn't help, better players had to do half their jobs for them and couldn't rely on pik in return, would have been 3/4-1 to Croatia after 90 without stones + walker, bailed that side out for too long

Let me get this straight. He scores two goals (his only goals in the English shirt) against a terrible, terrible Panama side. He scores 0 goals, 0 assiast and creates a total of zero chances during the 2017/2018 PL season, and all of the sudden you see a goalscorer in the making?

He has qualities that are far more vital to a possession oriented team, but surely you can not claim that goalscoring is one of his virtues?
He scored three goals in the CL and also a couple in last pre season. He's very good in the air and a big threat.

I think it's really obvious to anyone who's watched him at the world cup or the beginning of last season that he's capable of being a major threat at set pieces.

You've missed out the header cleared off the line against Croatia and that Kane's opener vs. Tunisia came from a Stones header.

When his confidence is up, he's very good at attacking the ball.

No it wasn't, sure he got caught daydreaming on the ball in midfield with about 10 mins to go in regular time and Croatia should have done more with that opportunity.

I think he'd a good tournament, as did Maguire.

But don't act like he was flawless.

The guy has lots of talent, he's proven that. He also has one f**k up in him every 90 mins. We have to accept that because that is the most consistent thing about him to date in his career. And before you get all defensive on him again, I firmly believe he's gotten nowhere near his ceiling and we'll see a better Stones every year for the next 3 or so, but that error will always be sat there waiting to be exposed.

where have i done/said that. yes he does make mistakes, but again name me a defender that doesnt make mistakes or lose concentration ? the points youve made above can all be applied to otamendi, Kompany and laporte last season. most the best defenders in the world cup were caught day dreaming' - ramos, godin.......for me people want a perfect defender when there is no such thing. stones yes he does have a mistake in him, but overall the potential is huge. the world cup showed that.

im gettign defensive because i dont really see a need to criticize him. ( not saying you have)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.