John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 21 Jul 2017.

1. City_Sean

City_Sean

He does need to wake up. That’s three big errors since he’s come back. I’m sure with games he’ll get back to his best level but at present he looks like the player from last season.

2. Thomas Hearns

Thomas Hearns

I think Nico and Kyle have been the stand out defenders this season by a country mile. Each to their own.

3. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

I think we've reached a point when there is no point to even discuss this topic furthermore. :)

4. nickamon

nickamon

This, I don’t agree with writing Stones off although he has been poor. But this is correct, he hasn’t even been the standout defender, Nico and Kyle all day, although Stones has been good too.

5. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

hes just come back from injury. are we really at the point of selling someone for not playing amazing after a few games ? the entire season pretty much he's improved and has shown he is good enough. i find your post a complete overreaction and as above almost insane.... if sterling doesnt play well for a few games, despite showing amazing form/potential should we sell him as well ?

top of the league and stones has been a big part of that and now you're talking about selling him ...... makes no sense at all. games against napoli, chelsea and others he was brilliant. why would we sell someone with the potential to play like that.

6. Thomas Hearns

Thomas Hearns

I'm obviously not as easily amazed as you.

I don't think he was "amazing" earlier this season. Played very well on occasion but as others have said he hasn't reached the levels of Nico and Kyle.

7. blue ranger

blue ranger

City’s stand out defender have been walker and Otamendi imo. But like your rightly say, game of opinions.

8. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

If Vinnie were fully fit (match & physically), it would be JS on the bench I believe

9. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Fair enough that's your opinion. I think he was one of our best if not best defender before his injury. I think most city fans think that as well and he has absolutely reached the levels of nico and Kyle.

Only an opinion though.

10. TexasCityzen

TexasCityzen

Left out of the squad last night? Injured? Or was this a blatant message from Guardiola to get his act together?