John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has everything to be a top class defender and mostly is. It’s just a lack of concentration at times that lets him down. That pass to Vinny could easily have cost us. Other than that he was good.

He has everything to be a top class defender and mostly is. It’s just a lack of concentration at times that lets him down. That pass to Vinny could easily have cost us. Other than that he was good.
+1

On first viewing, I thought, following the pass, "Oh crap! - Vinny is in big trouble." And then I thought, "Wow!- great recovery by Vinny!" I was really surprised by the card.

But then on replay, from another angle - it was clear just how close Vinny's tackle was to a red.

I loved Vinny's post game commentary on NBCSN though - when asked about the tackle Vinny said something to the effect that - "It was a great tackle... Did you not think so?"

Last edited:
'Only' Rotherham but what a lesson in both leadership and composure.

He's a wonderful centre half who,unfortunately and bizarrely,is still very much underrated and unappreciated by some.
I was talking to my son about this. With every passing game, John Stones looks like a potential world's best.

Only mistake he made all game, laporte was rubbish!
tenor.gif

He's becoming my City hero lately. Not just because of his talent but his commitment. He dives into some tackles like he dont care about injuries, he plays for the club not the glory

He's becoming my City hero lately. Not just because of his talent but his commitment. He dives into some tackles like he dont care about injuries, he plays for the club not the glory
He's incredibly talented and incredibly brave,a kind of Terry Butcher/Bobby Moore hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.