John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he'd look better if he was next to Laporte for sure, but I think part of it is that Pep wants Stones to be more mentally tough and try to be a leader. He probably doesn't want a partnership of Otamendi and Garcia either.
Definitely, I think that is part of it. Pep has tried to build him up, comments about having the biggest balls etc but then at other times said he needs to effectively sort himself out. Probably best for all for him to get a fresh start, presuming we bring in replacements.

He was pretty good in our box, but he just isnt john stones anymore.

He used to be as ice cold as Ederson and have swagger and play progressive passes that sped up the game.

Now he's like a hollowed out version of himself.

I do think its mental, so maybe he will come back, but I cant see it, feels like Bravo who never recovered properly from having his confidence eviscerated.

Good points , would love to see Stones get his mojo back , but i think Pep has lost his patience with the lad , shame he was excellent playing alongside Vinny.

I read somewhere that Garcia has been told that he'll be the fourth choice centre back next season. If that's the case and we sign Koulibaly is it still possible Stones might be third choice? Or will it be Fernandinho?

I read somewhere that Garcia has been told that he'll be the fourth choice centre back next season. If that's the case and we sign Koulibaly is it still possible Stones might be third choice? Or will it be Fernandinho?

Stones is done. Third and fourth choice CBs at most clubs, barely see a Prem game all season, if the preferred pairing remain injury free. It doesn't work like that under Pep, he rotates a lot. Understudys in all positions get significant game time, so we have to be able to trust them when they come into the side. Stones and Otamendi can't be trusted. We have to sign 2 CBs this window.

Stones is done. Third and fourth choice CBs at most clubs, barely see a Prem game all season, if the preferred pairing remain injury free. It doesn't work like that under Pep, he rotates a lot. Understudys in all positions get significant game time, so we have to be able to trust them when they come into the side. Stones and Otamendi can't be trusted. We have to sign 2 CBs this window.

That’s actually not true. Four CBs have always been in rotation under pep in the premier league with third and fourth getting about 15 starts so that we have our best pairings playing in the bigger mid-week cup games. We play everyone in our squad literally a couple thousand minutes. Always been that way.

If he wants to stay he can play against relegation sides and early FA/league cup games.

Is it fair to judge him playing alongside the liability that is Otamendi; whose impetuosity, lack of judgement and technical nous, would make any defence vulnerable?

Is it fair to judge him playing alongside the liability that is Otamendi; whose impetuosity, lack of judgement and technical nous, would make any defence vulnerable?

Not. He’s either a sick note or he’s been miles behind otamendi since 16/17. Nico has logged almost 4000 more minutes in that time frame. He’s either shit, a sick note, or both.

there’s been one season where stones barely outpaced him. I find it funny that he can’t log big minutes for 4 years without any major Injuries. It’s quite clearly telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.