John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him a break? The lad is living the dream least he could do is turn up to work and put a shift in. Deserves criticism for looking like he’s pissed out of his skull that day after we lost a derby to an abject Utd team.
I actually don't have a problem with him (or any of the players) going to the party and having a good time. It was obviously planned way in advance to be on a day that worked with the team schedule, and no one could've known how things would be playing out at this point. These guys are human, are we expecting them to sit at home and feel bad about themselves? As long as it doesn't affect their work, which we have no reason at this point to think it is, I'm good with it.

Guardiola has confirmed that John Stones will be out for 'a few weeks' with the injury picked up on Saturday. "It’s a few weeks. We have two defenders and Eric [Garcia].”

Guardiola has confirmed that John Stones will be out for 'a few weeks' with the injury picked up on Saturday. "It’s a few weeks. We have two defenders and Eric [Garcia].”

Apart from that time , when he started the season really well ....and then got injured vs leicester , never had consistent spell

Dont think he will be here long now

You do know he is human right? aside from money he has the same problems as the rest of us
I also know when you have professional responsibilities. You don’t necessarily ask for all of them but they come with the job none the less. Getting on camera pissed out of your head after losing is hardly acting in a professional manner. Get pissed fine. Have a good time fine, if you are able to after Saturday. Don’t get it filmed and shared.

I also know when you have professional responsibilities. You don’t necessarily ask for all of them but they come with the job none the less. Getting on camera pissed out of your head after losing is hardly acting in a professional manner. Get pissed fine. Have a good time fine, if you are able to after Saturday. Don’t get it filmed and shared.

Arh the self righteous

As a great Chinese philosopher might once have said "the eyes are the windows to the soul"

If that's true, then John doesn't look to be in a good place at the moment.

Probably just annoyed at bellends keep taking photos of him when he's on a night out for his mate's birthday, plus he's injured again so can't help the team like he wants to. Nothing wrong with the lad, once he's back playing and we're winning games again he'll be happy.

So not only a qualified DOF but also a moral preacher.

Arh the self righteous
It’s not really about being self-righteous is it? It’s an observation that the role of professional sportsman in the modern day carries extra responsibility. Same as being a policeman or solicitor for instance requires that you are seen to behave a certain way publicly. When a lad who is playing very poorly and is nearly constantly injured is seen out without an apparent care for his professional situation he’s going to get criticism, and probably should. Is it unreasonable to expect that during a season at least, especially at a critical period with fixture pile ups that highly paid athletes live like highly paid athletes and focus on their fitness etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.