John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I am rooting for Stonesy to rediscover his best form once his injury is over and rediscover the player we hoped we were getting. Looking from the outside in he looks like he may be suffering from a troubled soul. Money doesn’t always bring happiness and John hasn’t exactly been flashy with his in the past, I seem to recall he bought a Mini Cooper, so he comes across as down to earth.

It’s not really about being self-righteous is it? It’s an observation that the role of professional sportsman in the modern day carries extra responsibility. Same as being a policeman or solicitor for instance requires that you are seen to behave a certain way publicly. When a lad who is playing very poorly and is nearly constantly injured is seen out without an apparent care for his professional situation he’s going to get criticism, and probably should. Is it unreasonable to expect that during a season at least, especially at a critical period with fixture pile ups that highly paid athletes live like highly paid athletes and focus on their fitness etc?

Meanwhile on planet earth I have mates who are cops and solicitors they get absolutely bladdered On a night out they are human beings. As I said the self righteous

Meanwhile on planet earth I have mates who are cops and solicitors they get absolutely bladdered On a night out they are human beings. As I said the self righteous
Does it get out in the public domain? Do they film it and stick it on the internet? Would they get criticised, in trouble by their bosses? Day before he has a mare and we lose derby. He gets injured AGAIN, next day out on the piss. Do you see the top players do this in the season, if ever? Not saying they don’t btw just saying they take care not to get caught out and open themselves to criticism.

Does it get out in the public domain? Do they film it and stick it on the internet? Would they get criticised, in trouble by their bosses? Day before he has a mare and we lose derby. He gets injured AGAIN, next day out on the piss. Do you see the top players do this in the season, if ever? Not saying they don’t btw just saying they take care not to get caught out and open themselves to criticism.

It was a private party and who actually gives a fuck if someone is out enjoying themselves

It’s not really about being self-righteous is it? It’s an observation that the role of professional sportsman in the modern day carries extra responsibility. Same as being a policeman or solicitor for instance requires that you are seen to behave a certain way publicly. When a lad who is playing very poorly and is nearly constantly injured is seen out without an apparent care for his professional situation he’s going to get criticism, and probably should. Is it unreasonable to expect that during a season at least, especially at a critical period with fixture pile ups that highly paid athletes live like highly paid athletes and focus on their fitness etc?
I agree with you mate. He is supposed to be an elite athlete which should bring with it massive self discipline. In this instance he is injured so not available to play but i'm sure getting bladdered isn't a formal part of his recovery plan.

I also know when you have professional responsibilities. You don’t necessarily ask for all of them but they come with the job none the less. Getting on camera pissed out of your head after losing is hardly acting in a professional manner. Get pissed fine. Have a good time fine, if you are able to after Saturday. Don’t get it filmed and shared.
I hope you uphold your lofty standards yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.