John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he had a very good first half. Dropped off in the second, and although I'm of firm belief that our defensive issues are not in our backs but rather the lack of protection from the midfield, that effort on Zaha for their equaliser was just horrible.

Don't think he could have done much more against Zaha before the last goal, he followed him well and with some luck could have blocked him. Then again, luckily I didn't see the first 60 mins of this game.

My centre back should be bullying the shit out of Zaha there. Getting his shoulder into him and pushing him away from goal. If Zaha does some trickery and takes the piss out of him, fair enough but to be able to just brush past him like that is unacceptable.

Nearly three years on from Mbappe and Falcao giving Stones and Otamendi such a torrid time, we’re still witnessing the same old problems: a general lack of physicality and aggression and poor speed across the ground.

Put him ou of his misery. Fuck sake. Sick of seeing him frightened to death of anyone who comes near. At least with Otamendi you know what you get and he likely would have taken Zaha out. Id rather Ederson face a pen then that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.