John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Pep treats our young players like shit mate, but I do get what you're saying. Foden has probably suffered most, and Young Garcia and other promising CB 'Hairywood-Balls' must be champing at the (ball bag) bit; )

Joking apart, Garcia and Harwood Bellis are young natural position CBs starting to get important minutes, and it's frustrating ( for both them and us blues) that Stones is still bumbling about defence incompetently whilst having to be mollycoddled by a makeshift CB with the confidence and experience that Stones should already have every time he plays. Sadly Stones is looking a broken man right now and is even more panic stricken when he partners Otamendi.

I can only think he gets game time over two promising youngsters (mainly Garcia right now) because Pep(and coaches) are trying their very best to either instil the lost confidence and belief in him by showing continued faith that John Stones can be polished into top class carat diamond. Either that or Pep's painfully trying to polish his current turd like qualities sufficiently enough to put him in the shop window enough to sparkle enough to any potentially interested clubb to make a purchase on. At the moment his value is plummeting, hopefully, Stones can somehow pull things round.

I really hope Stones can finally let his big ball drop enough to command games for us when the going gets tough, instead of being a nearly man that will regress (if he doesn't soon realise his mettle in a sky blue shirt) to slipping down the leagues into football obscurity of yesterday's men. That could happen and has happened to many players(for various reasons) over the years. You're only as good as your last game as they say, and time is running out, if it already hasn't run out and he's to be sold on in the near future...

Sad how he went from having big balls to being a fucking eunuch! Its ridiculous.

He's done a job for us but sadly hasn't progressed. We need to move him on and buy two new CBs, preferably one home grown.
I'm ambivalent about needing to move him on, I like nothing better than rooting for a crestfallen player to kick arse and make things happen. For City And us blues who In Stones's case who haven't yet wrote him off as a disposable former asset. But more importantly for himself his family, his friends and England fans
Sad how he went from having big balls to being a fucking eunuch! Its ridiculous.
Eunuch kidding either! ; )

He looks like his confidence is totally shot. He lacks leadership, aggression, strength, concentration and effective decision making.

There were multiple opportunities to prevent their equaliser yesterday and sadly Stones failed to take one of them. 1) his initial headed challenge failed to win it. Then after KDB missed his tackle twice, 2) when running with Zaha, shepherd him wide instead of passively drifting in with him 3) or bring him down before he got anywhere near the penalty area 4) block the cross 100% that cross should have been blocked.

Just poor, poor defending.

There were multiple opportunities to prevent their equaliser yesterday and sadly Stones failed to take one of them. 1) his initial headed challenge failed to win it. Then after KDB missed his tackle twice, 2) when running with Zaha, shepherd him wide instead of passively drifting in with him 3) or bring him down before he got anywhere near the penalty area 4) block the cross 100% that cross should have been blocked.

Just poor, poor defending.
Can't argue with any of those points.

For me he lacks the one thing that all good central defenders have and that is aggression. Look at the difference between him and Fern even, one looks like a decent centre back, no prizes for guessing which one that is.

If Arsenal want him I wouldn't stop it going through even this month. I don't see him getting back the form of early last season again, maybe he just can't handle Pep's demanding coaching style

It's really disappointing as it looked like we had a perfect partnership with Laporte at one stage. Time to cut our losses and run with what we have and look again in Summer.

It doesn't help that he is injury prone, if we can get a decent fee it's a goodbye for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.