John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect mate this is where fans fall down with transfers and how everyone ends up getting their knickers in a twist with 'itks'. If money hasn't been exchanged and contracts haven't been signed, its not done. Absolutely everything in the world could point to it being nearly done, but until those final steps are taken, its not done, and if its not done, it can stay not done.

Hopefully this all goes through without issue as I'd love to see what a team with Stones, Laporte and Gundogan plays like from the back. I think it will suffocate the shit out of teams and we can finally not be phased by anyone brave enough to attempt a high press.

Like Liverpool,we might actually do um,in the league this time........

With all due respect mate this is where fans fall down with transfers and how everyone ends up getting their knickers in a twist with 'itks'. If money hasn't been exchanged and contracts haven't been signed, its not done. Absolutely everything in the world could point to it being nearly done, but until those final steps are taken, its not done, and if its not done, it can stay not done.

Hopefully this all goes through without issue as I'd love to see what a team with Stones, Laporte and Gundogan plays like from the back. I think it will suffocate the shit out of teams and we can finally not be phased by anyone brave enough to attempt a high press.

100% this. Itks in this forum are great but until the contract is signed nothing is certain. Look at delph, definitely was, then definitely wasn't, then did.

Have some geezer(Everton fan)who comes to my workplace,a couple of month ago,I've got talkshite on and they are rambling about Stones possibly going to the rags,I've never talked football with this geezer so he never knew I was a blue and I never knew he supported Everton.
Decent bloke tbf,anyway,regards talkshite and them going on about Stones and the Rags,he comes out with "bollocks,the kid is going to City".
I've asked him what made him think that and he "claims" he went to school with Stones dad,shown me pics on his phone from some family christening,blah,blah,blah(could of been pics from anywhere,TBH)..was him and Stones and some other kid,since shown me other pics.
He's certain Stones will be a city player.
Could be blagging me,I don't know,but does come across as being genuine.

Out of all the players we've been linked with, this is the one I hope we get.

Bit wary of the new manager and money at EFC. If I were Koeman, my no. 1 priority would be trying to get Stones to stay. They have money now, but it will be hard for them to find players. I don't know about where we are with Aubameyang, but this might be a similar story where the player is keen and the club could be a problem. They resisted Chelsea last season, and now they definitely don't need the money.

The biggest question mark in my mind would be if we were close, then why haven't we pushed it over the line before the Euros? Unless we don't want to take a risk in case he gets injured. If he's been in the bag, then we'd have pushed to get it done. maybe EFC don't want to do any deals until they get their management structure in place?

Advantage of Stones and an obvious point is that he knows hart, knows the premiership and wouldn't need 6 months to settle in.

How can you doubt his source. He works with a guy from Barnsley. Do I really need to tell you that Stones is from Barnsley??? And not only that, this guy lives around the corner from Stones grandparents. Not a few streets away or a short car journey but around the fucking corner.

The sooner naysayers like you are off the the forum the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.