John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones is rubbish. He cant defend to save his life. Much rather we gave denayer a go or sign a defender who can defend, Bruma from psv is very good and cheap. Pep is here to coach players. Im sure he can help Mangala's passing ability just like he improved boatengs passing. Everyone says that Mangala makes mistakes but Stones makes 10x more mistakes. He is just another overrated english player. Surely our scouting department must be better than this? I would personally sign Laporte and Bruma and use the money that we would spend on stones to improve the full back positions and another centre mid.

Bruma ? Really? Comparing Bruma to John Stones is ridiculous mate, Stones makes no more mistakes than any other centre halves in the premier league, he's certainly a massive step up from Otamendi, everytime he's faced us I've been really impressed. Hopefully he does come here and I can't wait to see him in a blue shirt under Pep.

Stones will be a quality signing if it's true we complained over lack of quality in that position the last 2 years Denayer,stones,laporte, kompany ,otamendi will give us the best cb options any club could have .

Im on record as saying i dont believe he is anything special as a defender, regardless of how comfortable he is on the ball.

Trust in Pep is all i can say.

Smalling is good example of media sucking his coc and he makes more mistakes per game than Stones and he has more experience as a player.

Judge a player in our team after 6 months not by the media bollocks have a brain and think for yourself.

Someone posted a very good video article about the trend and effect of the media building up, discrediting and then destroying the reputation of (young) footballers in this country, and how generally the football 'community' only deal in 'world class' or 'shit' as lazy black and white descriptors. And how it's lapped up by fans...

Very good article, and very apparent that its conclusions bear truth, as it seems a fair few of our bluemoon brethren have bought into the media's character assassinations of Stones and Sterling over a one year period, not really taking into account all the other factors that impact on a single players performance (team performance, tactics, form blah blah blah)

Worth digging out and watching...
To me it's generally the case that the folks that hype up players (English ones in particularly) are more likely to be listening to the media than the people who think a player isn't all that.

I hear the same point occasionally on here about Sterling. The media didn't turn some fans against Sterling half way through the season. People just saw him playing shit. City fans want all our players to play good and come good but some don't live in fantasies about those not delivering. IMO!. :-)

Stones is young. He can defend and he's has two good feet and is calm under pressure. He has lapses in concentration, but he's still young enough that this can be trained out of him. Like Mangala, all the raw tools are there, he just needs a good coach to guide him to get the best out of the player.
It's no coincidence the likes have Stones and Mangala have struggled with the tactical systems they had to endure over the last couple of seasons.
This every day of the week.

"Technically" he's one of the best ball playing defenders in the Prem, something that Pep looks at on any CV before signing.

If he thinks Stones is a player that will fit well in his system that's good enough for me

"Technically" he's one of the best ball playing defenders in the Prem, something that Pep looks at on any CV before signing.

If he thinks Stones is a player that will fit well in his system that's good enough for me

That's all I can say too. I don't rate him at all but I rate Pep highly enough to have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.