John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely Barca turned him down. Stones' pr team are hardly going to say that Barca rejected him. I'm sorry but I don't rate Stones especially for the money being suggested. There are centre backs just as good on the ball as Stones who can defend and would be cheaper. I'd rather get Laporte then have our centre backs as Kompany, Laporte, Otamendi and Mangala with Denayer as the potential 5th centre back if needed. Spend the money that we would spend on Stones to buy 2 quality full backs and another midfielder. If we are that desperate for a centre back who can pass then just make an offer that Juve can't refuse for Bonucci ffs.

Clearly Barca was interested in signing him whether they can't afford the fee or match his wages etc he will be a player under Pep!

Would be delighted with Stones. He has had a shaky season but Martinez has been proven to have no idea how to set up a defence. I believe with some coaching he will he top class. Vinny could be important in tutoring Stones and Laporte if they are both coming. Not forgetting the very impressive Denayer is coming back, all three are brilliant with the ball at their feet as well as being solid defenders.

Only thing is I'm not sure where this leaves Mangala and Otamendi, surely at least one will be going?

He's turning down Barcelona FFS.

Think about this for a second.

He's the real deal.

I have to admit that for all his obvious talent I remain sceptical about his defensive abilities however I do really love the fact that he is prepared to snub Barca to come to us. A sign of the times, perhaps the media will have to adjust the agenda!!!

Stones is rubbish. He cant defend to save his life. Much rather we gave denayer a go or sign a defender who can defend, Bruma from psv is very good and cheap. Pep is here to coach players. Im sure he can help Mangala's passing ability just like he improved boatengs passing. Everyone says that Mangala makes mistakes but Stones makes 10x more mistakes. He is just another overrated english player. Surely our scouting department must be better than this? I would personally sign Laporte and Bruma and use the money that we would spend on stones to improve the full back positions and another centre mid.

I'd go with that all day long..

You say "Surely our scouting department must be better than this" My response is...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Worthington

A rag in every position at the club pulling us back..

Thank Feck Davies has been demoted/Fecked off..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.