John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have stated numerous times in this thread I honestly don't rate stones myself, but if Guardiola wants him then I trust pep and fingers crossed stones goes on to show me why I'm a plasterer and Pep is the best manager that has ever lived!

On another note... Do you reckon with stones ability on the ball he has the potential to play in the Busquets role?

.....................stones:..........
..........De Bruyne........Gundogan
Sterling...........Aguero..... Aubameyang

He definitely has the traits to play that role that's for sure, time will tell.
I think it's interesting how a lot of our supposed targets seem to have more than one string to their bow.

Stones CB/RB
Laporte CB/LB
Sane WING/FORWARD
Auba FORWARD/WING

I literally cannot wait until the season starts. Honestly with Guardiola era now upon us, this is the most excited I have been since the actual takeover and Robinho day.

More likely Barca turned him down. Stones' pr team are hardly going to say that Barca rejected him. I'm sorry but I don't rate Stones especially for the money being suggested. There are centre backs just as good on the ball as Stones who can defend and would be cheaper. I'd rather get Laporte then have our centre backs as Kompany, Laporte, Otamendi and Mangala with Denayer as the potential 5th centre back if needed. Spend the money that we would spend on Stones to buy 2 quality full backs and another midfielder. If we are that desperate for a centre back who can pass then just make an offer that Juve can't refuse for Bonucci ffs.
Bonucci is 29 FFS

Stones will be Pep's Busquets.
he have all the qualities, and with Pep he will improve a lot.
when Busquets playing deep, he's like a 3rd CB.
with other 2 designated CB stretching the space, positioning themselves wide.
that's why City have no interest with other midfielder, except Pogba.

------------------- stones/nando
----- silva/gundogan ------- dinho/KDB
sterling/navas ------------------ aubameyang
------------------- aguero/nacho

Last edited:
Stones will be Pep's Busquets.
he have all the qualities, and with Pep he will improve a lot.
when Busquets playing deep, he's like a 3rd CB.
with other 2 designated CB stretching the space, positioning themselves wide.
that's why City have no interest with other midfielder, except Pogba.

------------------- stones/nando
----- silva/gundogan ------- dinho/KDB
sterling/navas ------------------ aubameyang
------------------- aguero/nacho

I was actually thinking a bit about that the last week or so. I could really see Stones running CDM occasionally with how well he is on the ball coupled with accurate long passing why not. Laporte could do it as well to be honest.

Lapses in concentration........he will fit perfectly into our defensive line then :)
Hopefully the constant lapses have gone out of the window with the change of coach. Good players don't become cumbersome, inconsistent oafs en masse by chance.

I reckon we'll see what our defenders are capable of soon enough, then we'll know who's genuinely crap and who just needed a change of tactical system.

everytime he's faced us I've been really impressed.
I'm not saying he's bad and we shouldn't sign him or anything but I am surprised you've been impressed with him every time he's played us. He should have gifted us a last minute winner in the league match at the etihad with a ridiculous challenge and in the semi second leg I thought his head absolutely went in the second half, almost looked like he packed it in.

I do. I've been saying that would be his best role for ages.

Not that many agree with me, mind.

I wouldn't rule it out but I still think Denayer would suit the pivot role better and stones has everything Pep would want to be his perfect centre back including the height advantage over Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.