John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the constant lapses have gone out of the window with the change of coach. Good players don't become cumbersome, inconsistent oafs en masse by chance.

I reckon we'll see what our defenders are capable of soon enough, then we'll know who's genuinely crap and who just needed a change of tactical system.

I'm sure your right,however I think we will all see and agree that Mangala wasn't worth 42m in the end

None if us can say definitively what Pep Guardiola has in his mind for the squad that is going to be given to him. The coming months will be exciting, no doubt, but shall also be testing. We as fans should back the team and the manager. Squabbling over who starts over who, and which position such and such player is playing in are all demoralising.

Pep will sort things out. I have faith in him. He knows how essential it is for him to succeed in England and how being successful in the face of Mourinho and other much vaunted competition will help in furthering his brand of football. There are enough naysayers in this country against him.

Stones and Laporte in to replace Demichelis and Mangala is one hell of an upgrade. God I'll be buzzing if City nail this window

I wouldn't rule it out but I still think Denayer would suit the pivot role better and stones has everything Pep would want to be his perfect centre back including the height advantage over Jason.

That's the strange one for me, if true. I don't see Stones in training, so perhaps he's capable of much more, but on the pitch, Denayer is a much more agile footballer with quicker feet & more pace. He keeps it all in check playing at a higher level & doesn't take stupid risks losing the ball (like Stones does) but if asked to, he can pass, beat players, basically do the lot & imo do it quicker.

If one was being chosen in a Busquets kind of job, it would be Denayer for me.

Agreed. New coach. half a new team. no excuses.

Don't fully agree with you two.

I think the learning process of a new system, new players who have to settle in, then those players we have that just won't fit Peps ideology.

This is a complete new era for Pep, he's not walking in to a team of mentally strong players like Bayern. We have some but, he has his work cut out for sure.

I can see some learning curve at the start of the season, thankfully so will most of the bigger sides.

Whatever happens it will be amazing and there'll be a direction which the whole club will be heading which we'll all appreciate

Getting back to Stones, I'd be very happy if he's wearing a City shirt at the start of the season.

That's the strange one for me, if true. I don't see Stones in training, so perhaps he's capable of much more, but on the pitch, Denayer is a much more agile footballer with quicker feet & more pace. He keeps it all in check playing at a higher level & doesn't take stupid risks losing the ball (like Stones does) but if asked to, he can pass, beat players, basically do the lot & imo do it quicker.

If one was being chosen in a Busquets kind of job, it would be Denayer for me.

That's why I was saying Nev

The bitterness on various Talksport shows about Stones supposed rejection of Barca for City is just hilarious. They seem to be having difficulty understanding two things:
1. The pulling power of Pep and why on earth he would rock up at ikle old City in the first place.
2. Why anyone would consider playing for City when other options are available.
Hilarious

Last edited:
None if us can say definitively what Pep Guardiola has in his mind for the squad that is going to be given to him. The coming months will be exciting, no doubt, but shall also be testing. We as fans should back the team and the manager. Squabbling over who starts over who, and which position such and such player is playing in are all demoralising.

Pep will sort things out. I have faith in him. He knows how essential it is for him to succeed in England and how being successful in the face of Mourinho and other much vaunted competition will help in furthering his brand of football. There are enough naysayers in this country against him.

Certainly are , but the majority of them are Rags who " didn't want him anyway " in their smacked arse default position when they don't get their targets.

If Pep is as good as we believe him to be, he has not accepted the job assuming everything will be a bed of roses and a piece of piss.

Let PEG the arrogant one take on the all-conquering mantle because he is who the Rags really wanted !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.