John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to see how the Stones to Chelsea saga plays out. Martinez is happily playing the 'outraged manager' role and (quite correctly) condemning Chelsea's public pursuit of the player. Chelsea are acting like they couldn't give a toss what Everton think so maybe they've had some encouragement from the player. Hopefully Everton will stand firm for a while and take Chelsea for well over 30 million, but ultimately Kenwright won't want to miss out on a big fee. I can't honestly see him getting a great amount of game time at Chelsea, even if they're planning for Terry's retirement he was still the best CB in the Premiership last season. Stones is no better than Denayer is at the moment so wouldn't want us to bid for him.

This is where 'Uncle Bill' sees each deal.

If we were in for Stones, would it in any way affect people's opinions of him on here?
Of course not. Haha. Everyone's perfectly informed. The player that's never played in the PL is clearly better than the one that's done 2 full seasons.

Think it's bang out of order what Chelsea have done.
Both Mourinio & Cahil doing interviews on Sky as if he's signed already.

Where's the queue of former players and pundits saying that Stones should stay where he is for another couple of seasons and saying he'll be bench warming at Chelsea?

Being unashamedly tapped up by Chelsea on ssn.
I agree with Chelsea here: They have a right to put in a bid and have. If Everton doesn't want to sell, then reject the bid. If Chelsea really wants the kid then put up a better bid. That is exactly the process. What's with the fake outrage. It was the same shit with us and Liverpool. If you don't want to sell your player, reject the bid!

I agree with Chelsea here: They have a right to put in a bid and have. If Everton doesn't want to sell, then reject the bid. If Chelsea really wants the kid then put up a better bid. That is exactly the process. What's with the fake outrage. It was the same shit with us and Liverpool. If you don't want to sell your player, reject the bid!
That's grand, keep it at the negotiating table.

Don't wheel your own players out to publicly urge the other player to sign for you. As far as I'm aware City players didn't say Sterling should leave Liverpool before he did, although I don't think anyone is under the illusion that our pursuit was "clean".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.