John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fucking way we should be even thinking about buying a central defender before giving Denayer decent amount of games. Notwithstanding, Denayer is head and shoulders above Stones.

It could also be a very good CB acknowledging the talent of another.

Pique is, IMO, a massive bellend, but he is part of a fantastic Barcelona defence for nearly a decade and has been brought up in the style Guardiola plays from childhood.

If he rates Stones that highly then it's at best someone who knows a lot about being a CB at the highest levelidentifying him as world class.

At worst its at least a sign that he is a player who fits the Barcelona/Guardiola mould of centre back to a tee.

Honestly I've been quite against the Stones hype, didn't really care if he went to Chelsea in he summer and thought £40m being rejected was hilarious.

But the more I see him this season the more he's winning me over. Would be pissed if he went to the rags.

Just says to me that Pique is one of more than a few that are overrating him by a fair bit. Doesnt mean he isn't a bad player, or has the potential to be very good. But he's not in one of the best 50 centre halves right now let alone 1 or 2.

Just says to me that Pique is one of more than a few that are overrating him by a fair bit. Doesnt mean he isn't a bad player, or has the potential to be very good. But he's not in one of the best 50 centre halves right now let alone 1 or 2.

Go on, this should be fun. Name 50 better then.

Go on, this should be fun. Name 50 better then.
What would be the point? If you think he's one of the best couple, me giving you 50 names isn't going to change your opinion. Quite frankly, I couldnt be bothered.

No fucking way we should be even thinking about buying a central defender before giving Denayer decent amount of games. Notwithstanding, Denayer is head and shoulders above Stones.

Well him Kompany and stones and Otemendi as fourth choice is what we need Mangala ain't up to it and Demichellis is off

Clearly, City love.

Certainly not. Should watch highlights of Gala vs Atletico. Denayer is more skillful, can play in different positions, there is no question that he is the better crosser of the ball. Number of times last season our defending was shambolic against any half-decent inswinging cross, Denayer had to face the same situation again and again at Celtic and was voted Young Payer of the Year and he is not afraid to put his body on the line in difficult situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.