John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched him yesterday I would say he isn't a right back and not sure he is a footballer. Utter garbage and I wouldn't waste money on him

I do think maybe he was a bit too eager to show how comfortable on the ball is when maybe a simple pass would have been a better option.

For me, first job of a dedender is to defend. He still has plenty of work to do on that front.

Having watched him yesterday I would say he isn't a right back and not sure he is a footballer. Utter garbage and I wouldn't waste money on him

Wouldn't say garbage,but no real improvement on what we have,especially the big money they talking,I'd stay away myself as well

Takes unnecessary risks all the time, susceptible to mistakes(should have had a penalty when he took Sterling down and maybe Aguero), his passing is average and his positioning was all over the shop, he spent a lot of time in attacking midfield positions aha

The problem last night is he took too many risks. He was running with the ball, and making silly mistakes. Now this is probably because he was out of position.

What I rate most about him is how cool headed he is when he is on the ball. When he's at CB i don't think he is in the position to be bombing forward and taking risks. He would be an improvement on Mangala currently, but only slightly.

If City are thinking about a bid for him, we need to think who will develop into the better player, Stones or Mangala? If it's not an obvious decision, then don't spend the money on him.

Sterling destroyed him. That was Sterling's best game for a while. Unfortunately we didn't capitalise on that. It was the only area of the pitch where one for one we were better than them

He's not a right back..

Brilliant young defender though and will only get better.
Average young defender who might get better. From what I have seen so far he certainly isn't the player everyone is raving about. He almost makes Mike Smalling look bad

He wasn't great last night by any stretch though I've seen him play a lot better. Jury is still out and I wouldn't be wanting to spend £50 million plus for him which is what Everton would be looking at.
Get Denayer back next season so I can judge for myself how good this lad is. I've heard nothing but good but won't pretend to know as ive not seen him a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.