John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only got a director of football to do the transfers yesterday...

I know that but we have been preparing for well over 6 months so you'd have thought they would have an idea of targets and sounded them out etc

Everton mate of mine reckons they'll be fairly happy to pocket 50 mill for him (i.e. they reckon that that's the going price in this crazy world we live in, but they don't really rate him at that, any more than LIverpool fans rated Sterling at that).
Anyway, our strongest bargaining chip in all this, if it's true: the lad wants to go (as with Sterling). If that is the case, and if it is the case that he wants to go to City, it's just a question of time. Someone lined up or not, you simply cannot have an unhappy or unsettled player playing for you, not really, not match after match.

But you don't though, do you.
Which side of the fence will your next post be on :)

I was agreeing to your comment which is copied below mate.....but I sticking with my opinion of the way we do our transfer business and thats the same view I've had the last few transfer windows!;)

"The only answer IMO, is that we have no idea on what is happening behind the scenes"

Got to say I agree with City_Sean, no flapping involved but I'm not keen on the idea we give a club the opportunity to get the replacement when we are going to be paying them £50million.

Everyone knows they are going to have the money, so it's not down to hoodwinking, and therefore we should be sorting this deal to OUR BEST BENEFIT, and that is for him to be joined up with the squad asap.

Fuck Everton.

Exactly. I wish we stopped with this niceness and just actually made the club take our money and move on.

Having Stones miss any training session is problematic. And our approach to transfers this summer seems to be baffling.

Anybody else reckon that this Manolas business might, just might, be something ‘leaked’ to the press by our PR people just as a way of putting a lever on Everton, along the lines of “right, hurry up, mateys, because otherwise we're moving on”? In fact, rumour and gossip are, in and of themselves, a form of manoeuvring, if you can control them. It seems likely to me that players and their agents read the press and twitter feeds just the same as anyone else.

Everton mate of mine reckons they'll be fairly happy to pocket 50 mill for him (i.e. they reckon that that's the going price in this crazy world we live in, but they don't really rate him at that, any more than LIverpool fans rated Sterling at that).
Anyway, our strongest bargaining chip in all this, if it's true: the lad wants to go (as with Sterling). If that is the case, and if it is the case that he wants to go to City, it's just a question of time. Someone lined up or not, you simply cannot have an unhappy or unsettled player playing for you, not really, not match after match.

They never do as the player is leaving the club they support. If he stays and the deal colapses then they will say hes worth 50m again.

Exactly. I wish we stopped with this niceness and just actually made the club take our money and move on.

Having Stones miss any training session is problematic. And our approach to transfers this summer seems to be baffling.

No it doesn't, at all. And we can't 'make' anyone do anything. They'd just say 'stick another 5 mil on & it's a deal' for a couple of fucking friendly games in China.

Or if they want more money than our valuation , don't buy him. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.