John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not really an answer though is it?

Just because the market is inflated does not mean every player is worth an addition £10+ million.
Isn't that exactly what it means?

EFCblue has already explained how this doesn't apply to some City players as he values Bony at less than £20 million. Which in essence is saying he is worth less than Deeney and Berahino despite a previous Blue proving that Bony has a better PL minute per goal stat than Lukaku.
Quite simple. That would be based on the assumption that we want rid. Obviously, it's cheaper to buy a player when the selling club wants to sell, especially if they're trying to get big wages off their wage bill, and you know they've already got too many overseas players in their squad.

So again I'm interested at why Stones who lost his place as a CB to Funes Mori and is behind Smalling and Cahill at CB for England is valued at a minimum of £50 million.
Because he's the best young English CB and his club don't want to sell. I'd not put too much stock in the tactics of a manager who got knocked out by Iceland rather than the views of a manager who's won 21 trophies in 7 years.

I'm absolutely stunned that very, very highly paid coaches can't teach a player how to pass a football. It's not as if t these players have day jobs, then go to footie training after work. This is all they do, and from a very young age as well. All this money, and most of it because he is comfortable on the ball.

All it shows is how utterly fucking thick footballers are. If they aren't born with the ability to pass the ball, then it can't be taught? Surely this can't be true? Useless fucking cunts. Every fucking defender should be made to train 4 hours a fucking day until they can pass the ball. Rocket science it fucking isn't.
:)

I'm absolutely stunned that very, very highly paid coaches can't teach a player how to pass a football. It's not as if t these players have day jobs, then go to footie training after work. This is all they do, and from a very young age as well. All this money, and most of it because he is comfortable on the ball.

All it shows is how utterly fucking thick footballers are. If they aren't born with the ability to pass the ball, then it can't be taught? Surely this can't be true? Useless fucking cunts. Every fucking defender should be made to train 4 hours a fucking day until they can pass the ball. Rocket science it fucking isn't.
:-)

Isn't that exactly what it means?

Quite simple. That would be based on the assumption that we want rid. Obviously, it's cheaper to buy a player when the selling club wants to sell, especially if they're trying to get big wages off their wage bill, and you know they've already got too many overseas players in their squad.

Because he's the best young English CB and his club don't want to sell. I'd not put too much stock in the tactics of a manager who got knocked out by Iceland rather than the views of a manager who's won 21 trophies in 7 years.

Being the best young English CB isn't a great achievement. He's 22 and lost his place in the Everton side and couldn't get a look in over two average CBs for England. He had a poor season and yet his value has gone even higher. IMO he was just as bad as Sterling was last season and if we were to sell Sterling then we'd be lucky to receive half of what we paid for him.

I'm more than happy to trust Pep's judgement but there comes a stage where you have to question whether a player is worth it. I don't think Pogba is worth £100 million and I don't think Stones is worth £50 million. Both players are about potential and have done nothing to justify their potential fees.

We have Denayer who is a young CB in a national team who are currently better than England and is competing against far better CBs for a place in the side. Furthermore, his main trait seems to be a ball playing CB. Hopefully, he shows Pep that he has the ability in pre-season to step up to the first team.

If Stones does stay at Everton it will be interesting to see if them pay him a wage to match his £50 million price tag.

Being the best young English CB isn't a great achievement. He's 22 and lost his place in the Everton side and couldn't get a look in over two average CBs for England. He had a poor season and yet his value has gone even higher. IMO he was just as bad as Sterling was last season and if we were to sell Sterling then we'd be lucky to receive half of what we paid for him.

I'm more than happy to trust Pep's judgement but there comes a stage where you have to question whether a player is worth it. I don't think Pogba is worth £100 million and I don't think Stones is worth £50 million. Both players are about potential and have done nothing to justify their potential fees.

We have Denayer who is a young CB in a national team who are currently better than England and is competing against far better CBs for a place in the side. Furthermore, his main trait seems to be a ball playing CB. Hopefully, he shows Pep that he has the ability in pre-season to step up to the first team.

If Stones does stay at Everton it will be interesting to see if them pay him a wage to match his £50 million price tag.

If Pep wants us to buy him we'll buy him. If he thinks it's too much, we'll move on.

I don't think Pogba is worth £100 million and I don't think Stones is worth £50 million. Both players are about potential and have done nothing to justify their potential fees.

No offence mate but you have no idea what you're talking about. There's a reason why the professionals take care of this stuff.

And that's not me being snide, you and I literally haven't got a clue what kind of revenue these players can bring in through marketing, shirt sales etc. If someone better qualified, with far more insight and experience at making money wants to spend these kinds of amounts, who are we to question them?

Saying "this player isn't worth this amount because he's overrated" is absolutely absurd. These sums aren't spent purely because a bloke can kick a ball well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.