John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferdinand made around 34m back in 02.
Transfer inflation would make the current price around double that paid back then.
The squad composition rules make English players even more valuable now particularly to teams like City who have few of them at the required level at the moment. His age also adds greatly to his value.

I would be surprised if Stones went for less than 60m unless he made a nuisance of himself at Everton.
Unlikely I know.
Difference being that Ferdinand was already a top, top quality CB when the rags bought him. Stones is at best a work in progress, especially at actual defending. He's far more comparable to when Leeds bought Ferdinand for £18m of West Ham, although I'm not convinced he's even at that level yet.

i must admit, I don't get this mania over Stones. He was at fault for Swansea's first today and arguably also for their second. And not the first time I have seen him do that. Seems to over-complicate things at times, insisting on dribbling out regardless of the position or circumstances.

Mangala is a better prospect imo , I think guadiola will fulfil his potential without sheilling over 50m for another lescott.

Agreed that Mangala is underrated but to call Stones another "Lescott" is ridiculous. We have Mangala and Otamendi who are improving and still settling in as a partnership, Kompany is coming back soon and Denayer will come back in the summer.

Agreed that Mangala is underrated but to call Stones another "Lescott" is ridiculous. We have Mangala and Otamendi who are improving and still settling in as a partnership, Kompany is coming back soon and Denayer will come back in the summer.
Kompany is as good as finished I fear, unfortunate but true. Mangala is gash. MdM is older and slower than my auntie elsie. Otamendi is a good footballer. Denayer is our best hope, or we have to buy another quality centre back, to partner him

I don't think we need another CB, but when the best (some would say only) English CB prospect for years becomes available, I think you've got to be in for them. The top teams have to buy the best English players, otherwise you're spending every transfer window buying up average English players at inflated prices to meet the homegrown quota. Denayer would be homegrown and club-trained next season I think, but we still don't know if he's good enough to play at the very top level.

Would love to see Denayer have a chance to see what he can do although ideally it needs to be alongside KOMPANY for some experience. Who knows? Maybe we could have a partnership of Stones and Denayer in a couple of years that'd last for another 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.