John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some act like we have a divine right to sign a player. If the selling club want to play hard to maximise their fee, that's their perogitive.
It is their prerogative. They could have identified targets, and put deals in place, but instead they adopt a sitting duck strategy of setting a price for their players. They might extract huge fees, but I don't think from a footballing point of view it was the best strategy, seeing as they are not sure of a few millions themselves. What do they do if City do decide to pay up? Celebrate the £50m, or worry that they have no defence left.

I think this one will happen, just frustrating for all concerned when it drags on. It's in everyone's interest to get this done before the start of the season and hopefully it will be.

I suspect a compromise will be reached regarding add ons, that will eventually see the fee meet Everton's valuation.

Wish we'd do a little bit more of it to be honest.
Our players get ripped to shreds like Mangala and Sterling. Chelsea use the transfer mkt as a way of making money. Each season they make big signings, but are also able to sell players, whereas City are rarely able to do so. There have been some exceptions eg Rodwell.

Everton wanted Hart - I'd have done that deal - £40m they were willing to pay.

Whether Hart would have gone for it...
It'd be decent business that. Let them have Bony for £25m and Mangala for £20m then if they get the £75m for Lukaku they've covered both outgoings and got a top keeper thrown in for good measure.
Jeez, it's easy this football lark.. Haha!

Everton wanted Hart - I'd have done that deal - £40m they were willing to pay.

Whether Hart would have gone for it...
Well then we wouldn't have a recognised top level keeper and Hart would clearly not leave us to go to Everton unless he was told he would be No2 no matter what and eeeeeeeeeeeven then I cant imagine he wouldn't go to Everton
Also that would mean the club value him at £10 million which is probably about half of what they could actually get for him
Other than that though its a terrible idea

So the club said no?

But Pep wants rid of Joe according to here?
It's a bit disingenuous saying "according to here"
There's been links throughout the Summer in regards to goalkeepers and they don't seem to be going away. Wherever you choose to believe the validity of the links is one thing but making out we're just taking it upon ourselves to say Pep wants someone new is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.