John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't accept that.

I can imagine Pep coming to that decision himself, but not being persuaded to by the bosses. I don't think they would give a shit either way.

I think both our keepers are on thin ice personally.

I can - Hart's a big presence at the club, he's our second most senior player, de-facto spokesman when Kompany is not fit, should be vice-captain, and one of 2 players who start for England. He's also one of the 3 pre-takeover players, and a bit of a cult figure for his incredible displays in big games like Barca, Dortmund etc.

You only need to read this thread to see how peoples affection for him blinds them to how ill-suited he is for Guardiola compared to ter-Stegen.

So taking all that into account, I could definitely imagine Txiki or whoever convincing Pep to rethink selling him this summer.

Never got that far. Everton were in market for a keeper and were flashing the cash. They basically let it be known that is what they would be prepared to pay.

Hart could get a move to a bigger club than Everton.

Where's he going to go better than Everton?

I don't see Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, United swapping their keeper for him.

Southampton wouldn't pay his wages.

He's very unlikely to go abroad.

Liverpool or Everton would seemingly be his best possible destinations. West Ham maybe.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed blues, I feel.

You are correct, they are both in firing line and Pep will get what he wants.

I'll wager with anyone that Hart will be gone before Pep is finished here.

I think he would be a great back-up keeper, but he's not going to accept that is he?

I think there is no chance in hell Joe will accept being a No 2.

So if we were to assume Pep is completely happy with Joe as a keeper, is he likely to be happy with Joe concerning distribution, & if not, can Pep improve him sufficiently ?

Can Pep's system work, if the keeper can't be relied upon to control/distribute the ball ?

That also asks the question: If we start the season with Joe & his distribution hasn't improved, are we actually watching a genuine Pep Guardioala team ?

When I watched Caballero v Dortmund, it dawned on me how far away we are in that area, & imo, it isn't going to work properly unless there is a drastic improvement in that area by both keepers, or a new keeper.

Wouldn't have a recognised top keeper? We're still planning to sign one!

Hart won't be told he is No.2 - he'll be told to fight for his place.

As for your valuation?, if Everton were prepared to pay £40m for Hart, and value Stones at £50m, then the only shortfall we would have to cover is £10m.

Hardly a terrible idea.

tolmie, are we making any progress in Stones talks mate? Feel this one could be one of the most important signings of the summer and would have a big impact for us at the back? Do you think someone is going to blink and we'll get this done? cheers mate

Liverpool or Everton would seemingly be his best possible destinations. West Ham maybe.
How long has Cech got left? Arsenal would take him. If United thought they could make a profit on De Gea to Madrid and Hart in, they'd go for it. Same with Spurs and Lloris. Hart is better than Courtois.

I agree, I don't think there is anything out there for him this summer and both sides of the equation would be pretty foolish to end the long relationship before giving it another year.

A lot could happen in that time. Pep could get it wrong in terms of his opinion. Joe might conclude he isn't the No.1, no matter how well he performs, etc?

Everton, in terms of location and new manager, would actually appear to tick a lot of boxes, but they are nowhere at the level they need to be right now for a player of Hart's standing.

I'm sure Barcelona would be keen, considering his performances against them - the irony, eh?

Personally, if he were to move on at some point, think Juventus would be an incredible platform - Buffon can't go on forever.

I can - Hart's a big presence at the club, he's our second most senior player, de-facto spokesman when Kompany is not fit, should be vice-captain, and one of 2 players who start for England. He's also one of the 3 pre-takeover players, and a bit of a cult figure for his incredible displays in big games like Barca, Dortmund etc.

You only need to read this thread to see how peoples affection for him blinds them to how ill-suited he is for Guardiola compared to ter-Stegen.

So taking all that into account, I could definitely imagine Txiki or whoever convincing Pep to rethink selling him this summer.
How is keeping more clean sheets than any other premier league keeper 4 out of the last 6 seasons I'll-suited to any manager? He was only one game off the golden glove last season, so the ' it's all about the defence' argument can't really stand up either.

Pep either thinks Joe's distribution can be improved or wants him removed I recon.

Txiki would know better than to interfere in that imo. You don't bring in Guardiola then tell him his keeper has to kick it long because he's popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.