John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie, are we making any progress in Stones talks mate? Feel this one could be one of the most important signings of the summer and would have a big impact for us at the back? Do you think someone is going to blink and we'll get this done? cheers mate

Just chill. It will get done. We will take the rest of the window if needs be - we're not in the rush many believe us to be.

The lad only wants to come here, which only strengthens our position. Stones would probably hand in yet another transfer request if Everton continue to stand firm.

Everton couldn't expose either the team or the player to such a fall out.

I still suspect we might see something move before the weekend, once they improve their Ashley Williams offer.

With Lukaku probably on his way to Chelsea, I wonder if the Bony plus cash offer for Stones can be resurrected? It's a good solution as neither party will have blinked/lost face over the fee as it will be a completely different deal.

Pep either thinks Joe's distribution can be improved or wants him removed I recon.

Txiki would know better than to interfere in that imo. You don't bring in Guardiola then tell him his keeper has to kick it long because he's popular.

I agree,if we can make an improvement on any of our players,I'm all for it,would be gutted in some cases but don't think there's any room for sentiment in today's game...too much money involved,IMO.

I agree,if we can make an improvement on any of our players,I'm all for it,would be gutted in some cases but don't think there's any room for sentiment in today's game...too much money involved,IMO.

I just think it's so fundamental to the way PG wants to play.

Unless/until the keeper can be comfortable passing the ball, we will not be playing the way Pep wants to play. We will have to settle for a half arsed version.

So the keeper, whoever that may be, has to do it.

It was reported not that long ago that Pep wanted rid of Joe but the higher ups at club wanted him to stay and convinced Pep to try and work with him.
Reported by who ? A newspaper, who had no doubt asked Pep directly I assume, or maybe they were bullshitting like they normally do.

Hart will be replaced eventually, but I doubt its a priority this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.