John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of you lot watch hart in the champions league last season?

One bad euros and people are saying we should get rid; madness

People can't seem to understand its not down to Hart's ability, its down to the way Pep wants his teams to play and what he requires from his goalkeepers. Hart just doesn't have the ability on the ball to play from the back - I can't stand the talk of him leaving and want him to be with us until he retires, but simply put, he's not right for the way we want to play.

Maybe he can adapt and prove us all wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in the next couple of season.

How is keeping more clean sheets than any other premier league keeper 4 out of the last 6 seasons I'll-suited to any manager? He was only one game off the golden glove last season, so the ' it's all about the defence' argument can't really stand up either.

Being good at shot-stopping and 1 on 1's is all meaningless unless he's good enough to play out from the back with the defenders under serious pressure, and to act like a sweeper.

No offence mate but I doubt anybody is commenting based on his form for England. Its his all round game that is being questioned and wherever or not he can adapt enough to be Peps number one.
Some people think he can some others don't. That's all there is to it. The Euros are nothing to do with the present situation.

People can't seem to understand its not down to Hart's ability, its down to the way Pep wants his teams to play and what he requires from his goalkeepers. Hart just doesn't have the ability on the ball to play from the back - I can't stand the talk of him leaving and want him to be with us until he retires, but simply put, he's not right for the way we want to play.

Maybe he can adapt and prove us all wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in the next couple of season.
I think he can adapt personally; his distribution was woeful years ago but it has slowly improved. It's still a weak point of his game admittedly; but pep is in the top 3 coaches in the world and I think he can improve

I did watch and I like Hart but he needs to improve his distribution no question only time will tell if he is capable of that
However you don't spend 3 or 4 years pursuing the best manager in the world then make him use players he is not happy with
Unfortunately there will be casualties under Pep some will be fans favourites
But surely we must back and trust him to improve the team and any position he feels necessary

Tbh it doesn't matter how good he is as a keeper if he doesn't cope with the way Pep wants to play.

If we are picking a keeper then deciding on our playing style to suit him then Joe could be the first name on the sheet. We have brought in a manager to play football in a particular way. Joe has to be able to do that. If he can't he'll be dropped.

We are not trying to sign Stones because he is the best defender we could sign. We are looking at his distribution. Same thing.

No offence mate but I doubt anybody is commenting based on his form for England. Its his all round game that is being questioned and wherever or not he can adapt enough to be Peps number one.
Some people think he can some others don't. That's all there is to it. The Euros are nothing to do with the present situation.
Non taken mate, everyone is allowed an opinion ;)

The reason I mention England is that he seems to be getting more criticism than he did before the euros; perhaps I just didn't notice it before

I'm confident that be can adapt though to Pep's style of play :)

With Lukaku probably on his way to Chelsea, I wonder if the Bony plus cash offer for Stones can be resurrected? It's a good solution as neither party will have blinked/lost face over the fee as it will be a completely different deal.

That would work for both clubs hopefully it's being considered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.