John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh it doesn't matter how good he is as a keeper if he doesn't cope with the way Pep wants to play.

If we are picking a keeper then deciding on our playing style to suit him then Joe could be the first name on the sheet. We have brought in a manager to play football in a particular way. Joe has to be able to do that. If he can't he'll be dropped.

We are not trying to sign Stones because he is the best defender we could sign. We are looking at his distribution. Same thing.

I trust pep 100%, I just think though first and foremost a goalkeeper should be good at doing his main job; which hart definitely is no question

I believe Pep can help improve his distribution, he is one of the best coaches in the world after all
I did watch and I like Hart but he needs to improve his distribution no question only time will tell if he is capable of that
However you don't spend 3 or 4 years pursuing the best manager in the world then make him use players he is not happy with
Unfortunately there will be casualties under Pep some will be fans favourites
But surely we must back and trust him to improve the team and any position he feels necessary
His distribution does need improving no question, but let's give him a chance! People seem to be cool with selling him but who on earth do we replace him with of equal calibre?

Tevez and Pirlo wrong examples. Oldies that Juve wanted to get rid anyway. And yes, we know Pogba wants to leave as his agent is working on a transfer in public. And Juve stick to their price whatever so far.

The rest you mention is a wild guess especially in today 's market. All those who think Everton feks up to me sound like spoiling babies who don't get what they want.

Btw l'm very optimistic we will get Stones and l for one don't care what we need to pay. If Pep wants him that's all tht matters.
Actually you were wrong,http://www.espnfc.us/juventus/story...o-keep-carlos-tevez-andrea-pirlo-says-marotta

Thank you very much

Are people saying the keeper from Barca to City, then Hart (plus Bony) to Everton then Stones to us?

If so I'd do it... not in order to get Stones ('cos I still think he's unlikely to succeed) but because it gets Pep closer to where he wants to be.

That said changing keepers is always extremely risky. We were led to believe that Wily was a fine keeper if you remember...seems a nice guy alright but....

I trust pep 100%, I just think though first and foremost a goalkeeper should be good at doing his main job; which hart definitely is no question

I believe Pep can help improve his distribution, he is one of the best coaches in the world after all

His distribution does need improving no question, but let's give him a chance! People seem to be cool with selling him but who on earth do we replace him with of equal calibre?

But would the same apply to the centre backs, ie we forget Stones for example & sign a big strong decender who isn't great at passing the ball, but is great at defending & 'might' learn to pass it therefore change the way we play until he gets it ?

Or do we start by passing from the back from the first game, thus sign Stones or drop Fernandinho for example back there , or play Denayer ?

How long do we wait before playing Pep's style ?

Tbh it doesn't matter how good he is as a keeper if he doesn't cope with the way Pep wants to play.

If we are picking a keeper then deciding on our playing style to suit him then Joe could be the first name on the sheet. We have brought in a manager to play football in a particular way. Joe has to be able to do that. If he can't he'll be dropped.

We are not trying to sign Stones because he is the best defender we could sign. We are looking at his distribution. Same thing.

I know Pep and Pellegrini are light years apart in terms of their managerial ability but I will be honest, it still scares the shit out of me the idea that we are more bothered about how good a defender is at passing than how good he is at defending and even more so that we are probably more bothered about how good a keeper is at passing than how good he is at stopping the ball going into his net. I miss the good old days when it was possible to play balanced, attractive, attacking football without every single member of the team needing to play like Pele.

But would the same apply to the centre backs, ie we forget Stones for example & sign a big strong decender who isn't great at passing the ball, but is great at defending & 'might' learn to pass it therefore change the way we play until he gets it ?

Or do we start by passing from the back from the first game, thus sign Stones or drop Fernandinho for example back there , or play Denayer ?

How long do we wait before playing Pep's style ?
A ball playing CB is currently higher priority than a ball playing goal keeper; if Joe can't cut it after one year then maybe you're right; but at the moment pep obviously has higher properties on his list otherwise we'd be putting in bids for established goalkeepers who do have better distribution than Hart

I know Pep and Pellegrini are light years apart in terms of their managerial ability but I will be honest, it still scares the shit out of me the idea that we are more bothered about how good a defender is at passing than how good he is at defending and even more so that we are probably more bothered about how good a keeper is at passing than how good he is at stopping the ball going into his net. I miss the good old days when it was possible to play balanced, attractive, attacking football without every single member of the team needing to play like Pele.
You make some good points; however I can see why people are making the argument for having a goalkeeper who does have good distribution skills as well

Pep's tactical system relies on every player being comfortable in the ball; which allows the team to control possession and therefore control the game

Just chill. It will get done. We will take the rest of the window if needs be - we're not in the rush many believe us to be.

The lad only wants to come here, which only strengthens our position. Stones would probably hand in yet another transfer request if Everton continue to stand firm.

Everton couldn't expose either the team or the player to such a fall out.

I still suspect we might see something move before the weekend, once they improve their Ashley Williams offer.

cheers mate!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.