John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has improved though imo. Now he's just iffy rather than total shite. Let's see what Pep does with him.

Improved or realised his limitations and adjusted? Open to debate. There are certain scenarios with this

Let him carry on what he has been doing and adjust the style of play

Sign someone else

Try to get him to play from the back like the willy experiment against Dortmund

The last scenario screams disaster to me

There are other threads for that surely,i have just wasted time wading through joe talk trying to find some stones news

Why the fuck do people 'wade through' stuff in order to find out if something has happened ?

Read the last posts. If he''s signed, people will be talking about it.

It's ridiculous that people can't talk football on a football forum without having to start again on another page. That isn't going to happen. It just means a discussion ends so that people can read an empty space with fuck all happening instead.

If he signs, people will be talking about it here.

Why the fuck do people 'wade through' stuff in order to find out if something has happened ?

Read the last posts. If he''s signed, people will be talking about it.

It's ridiculous that people can't talk football on a football forum without having to start again on another page. That isn't going to happen. It just means a discussion ends so that people can read an empty space with fuck all happening instead.

If he signs, people will be talking about it here.
Calm down,i start where i left off last night

Improved or realised his limitations and adjusted? Open to debate. There are certain scenarios with this

Let him carry on what he has been doing and adjust the style of play

Sign someone else

Try to get him to play from the back like the willy experiment against Dortmund

The last scenario screams disaster to me

I don't know. Lets forget it anyway & leave the thread so people can be happy reading fuck all or some **** in Germany tweeting last weeks news from the Daily Mirror.

I think we already have players who could fill the cb job & be close to what Pep requires & we would be somewhere closeish.

I think we have two choices re the keepers. They improve distribution very very quickly indeed or they go. Well there's a 3rd choice which is that we see a lot of horrible situations like v Dortmund where the keeper passes the ball straight to the oppo cf & hope we get away with it.

Imo we will either see a new Joe or a new keeper. Stones is a bonus rather than an essential.

I think Stones or a suitable alternative is pretty essential. We do need to start playing out from the back consistently and Stones looks to be one of the best options in that regard. Ironically, it might help Hart because it may give him the option to go short more easily, more often. I still think we need to see Hart play in a Pep team before concluding on just how good his distribution is: there's a big difference between trying to be accurate with long balls and short ones in terms of technique and difficulty.

i dont mind playing from the back as long as Fernando is no where near our box! :-)

I think Stones or a suitable alternative is pretty essential. We do need to start playing out from the back consistently and Stones looks to be one of the best options in that regard. Ironically, it might help Hart because it may give him the option to go short more easily, more often. I still think we need to see Hart play in a Pep team before concluding on just how good his distribution is: there's a big difference between trying to be accurate with long balls and short ones in terms of technique and difficulty.

A suitable alternative could be players we already have though for the exact same reasons you mention re Hart.

There are other threads for that surely,i have just wasted time wading through joe talk trying to find some stones news

And I recently waded through 2 pages of talk about your pussy from fellow bluemooners in the leroy thread and the it's quiet thread and the..... You get my point

Hart doesn't belong in the stones thread as cats don't belong anywhere in the transfer thread

My guesswork is the deal is agreed, but the fans need to be placated so Everton are seen to be reluctant to sell unless astronomical sums are involved, gentlemens agreement we won't agitate for the player until they have found a replacement.

Everton seen in good light, player seen as a traitor like Sterling so they can boo him, press think we have paid a lot more than we have, but the bottom line Pep gets the player he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.