John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ball playing CB is currently higher priority than a ball playing goal keeper; if Joe can't cut it after one year then maybe you're right; but at the moment pep obviously has higher properties on his list otherwise we'd be putting in bids for established goalkeepers who do have better distribution than Hart

I think we already have players who could fill the cb job & be close to what Pep requires & we would be somewhere closeish.

I think we have two choices re the keepers. They improve distribution very very quickly indeed or they go. Well there's a 3rd choice which is that we see a lot of horrible situations like v Dortmund where the keeper passes the ball straight to the oppo cf & hope we get away with it.

Imo we will either see a new Joe or a new keeper. Stones is a bonus rather than an essential.

I think we already have players who could fill the cb job & be close to what Pep requires & we would be somewhere closeish.

I think we have two choices re the keepers. They improve distribution very very quickly indeed or they go. Well there's a 3rd choice which is that we see a lot of horrible situations like v Dortmund where the keeper passes the ball straight to the oppo cf & hope we get away with it.

Imo we will either see a new Joe or a new keeper. Stones is a bonus rather than an essential.

I disagree about stones but the rest is bang on, if Joe hart can suddenly become comfortable on the ball under pressure by a bit of coaching you would wonder what the fuck he has been doing in training for the last 10 years. It's a skill that you either have or don't at this stage of a career.

You make some good points; however I can see why people are making the argument for having a goalkeeper who does have good distribution skills as well

Pep's tactical system relies on every player being comfortable in the ball; which allows the team to control possession and therefore control the game
I know what the theory is, it just still worries me because it all still seems counter intuitive to me. There is still a part of me that worries that in England it is something that might not fully work and that actually we might find that it is more important that a defender can defend properly. I know I will probably get pelters for suggesting that though.

Oh dear ... didn't thought you were the naiev kind that takes whatever's been said for granted. Mate, Juve had the replacements on board and than it's obvious from a selling point of view for the chairman to say he wants to keep them. Jees, can't believe I need to explain this one. No wonder everything is been taken for granted on here as soon as the article suits them. But never mind continue to cry about Everton doing the unjust thing by asking a lot of money for one of their young guns who hasn't been replaced yet while not needing the money as well.

You're welcome.

I might be wrong but wasn't Willy brought in partly supposedly for the same reasons that we are now talking about ter Stegen. Pellegrini wanted a keeper with better distribution and Willy was seen as having much better distribution? I thought that was what was being suggested on here at the time or am I completely mistaken?

I disagree about stones but the rest is bang on, if Joe hart can suddenly become comfortable on the ball under pressure by a bit of coaching you would wonder what the fuck he has been doing in training for the last 10 years. It's a skill that you either have or don't at this stage of a career.

I don't think either manager gave a shit about it tbh. They let him wave away the cbs & boot it whenever he wanted.

Edit: imo it's a reason Hughes brought in Shay Given. The stats for bootage changed a fair bit.

I might be wrong but wasn't Willy brought in partly supposedly for the same reasons that we are now talking about ter Stegen. Pellegrini wanted a keeper with better distribution and Willy was seen as having much better distribution? I thought that was what was being suggested on here at the time or am I completely mistaken?

I think it was possibly suggested & the key word is probably 'Pellegrini'. Half arsed attempt at something. Gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.