John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here Dom; the goalkeepers main priority should be to able to be a good shot stopper, good in 1v1's and keeping clean sheets

It's no good replacing Joe with someone who is good on the ball, but is further behind in the other areas a goalkeeper should be good at
Agreed.
People seem to think that under Pep the only requirement will be the pass. May as well sick Yaya in net then, his build up play in 2nd to none

He's very good at gently chipping them over an obstacle into the arms of a team mate, John is a known cat lover, hart on the other hand hates cats, next time you're in the ground go to row z, dead fucking cats everywhere

Back on topic I would love to see stones here and bony to Everton with mangala going on loan for a year

To be honest I couldn't care less where Bony goes , so long as he leaves. I haven't given up on Mangala and hopefully Pep can work some magic if he stays with us.

But you could replace him with soneone who is almost as good technically, miles better at passing the ball & quicker to get out of his penalty area. What you lose in one area, you gain in another. Exactly the argument for signing Stones.
So are you suggesting we replace a goalkeeper with someone who is worse off in between the posts but is better on the ball? That's crazy I'm afraid

If we hypothetically lose 4-3 because our keeper could have stopped 2 goals, but distributed the ball well; we have still lost due to poor goalkeeping. As I've said before a goalkeepers job is to stop goals; technical ability is nice to have but is most definitely secondary to his shot stopping, positioning, etc.

You are aware keepers can handle the ball? With practice and concentration this technique can also be used to "pass" the ball to help "build from the back"

This comment shows that you really don't have a clue.

Unless you've never heard of the pass back rule?

To be honest I couldn't care less where Bony goes , so long as he leaves. I haven't given up on Mangala and hopefully Pep can work some magic if he stays with us.

I think mangala has the attributes to be a cracking player he may need to go on loan though if we get stones, I think Koeman could teach him plenty plus he needs games in this league

That's just not true, sorry.

I already wrote out all the reasons for this in an earlier comment :

People really seem to not understand how fundamental the keeper is to Guardiola's teams. Signing ter Stegen would be the biggest signing of the summer.
You make some excellent points there Dom; we'll just have to wait and see I guess :)

So are you suggesting we replace a goalkeeper with someone who is worse off in between the posts but is better on the ball? That's crazy I'm afraid

If we hypothetically lose 4-3 because our keeper could have stopped 2 goals, but distributed the ball well; we have still lost due to poor goalkeeping. As I've said before a goalkeepers job is to stop goals; technical ability is nice to have but is most definitely secondary to his shot stopping, positioning, etc.

I think this comes down to how highly you rate Joe as a keeper in general, I personally think he is obviously good but feel you probably rate him higher

I think mangala has the attributes to be a cracking player he may need to go on loan though if we get stones, I think Koeman could teach him plenty plus he needs games in this league

I agree I think Koeman did a great job at Southampton and if Mangala was to go with him on loan, I think he would really benefit.

I think this comes down to how highly you rate Joe as a keeper in general, I personally think he is obviously good but feel you probably rate him higher
I just don't think there are that many top keepers available; ter stegen possibly but that's about it really

We'd have been embarrassed many times in Europe if it weren't for Joe's performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.