John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment shows that you really don't have a clue.

Unless you've never heard of the pass back rule?
So what you're suggesting is that under Pep, our go to move will be passing backwards to Jo for all build up. Pep, than man who reportedly demands 3 options for the player on the ball, will want it going back to Jo? That's your argument?
The simple fact is that although far from the perfect player Jo is one of the best players in his position going. There has been clear directives from managers for him to kick the ball wide and from others to always roll to the first defender. He's ability to be able to cope in our new look system is not for people on a internet form to decided without a game being played.

I just don't think there are that many top keepers available; ter stegen possibly but that's about it really

We'd have been embarrassed many times in Europe if it weren't for Joe's performances

I agree signing someone who is good with the ball but poorer than Joe at other things seems a tad silly, I am no expert on the worlds goalkeepers but my stance is if we can get a keeper that can do what Joe does well and is good with the ball we should sign him

Pep has never said we can't do without Stones, or we are set on keeping Joe Hart.
Actions speak louder than words

Who have we really, really pushed hard for in the transfer market to replace Joe?

However we have been on the brink of signing laporte who backed out last minute and Stones is looking likelier by the day; so we have attempted to sign two big money centre backs whereas we haven't really been in the market for a top class goalkeeper

Rulli will likely replace Joe in the long term but for now it's looking like Joe is going to be number one for another season

I agree signing someone who is good with the ball but poorer than Joe at other things seems a tad silly, I am no expert on the worlds goalkeepers but my stance is if we can get a keeper that can do what Joe does well and is good with the ball we should sign him
This 100%

I've got no problem replacing Joe with someone who has good distribution as long as the new goalkeeper would match Joe in his ability to be a shot stopper and keep clean sheets

Just chill. It will get done. We will take the rest of the window if needs be - we're not in the rush many believe us to be.

The lad only wants to come here, which only strengthens our position. Stones would probably hand in yet another transfer request if Everton continue to stand firm.

Everton couldn't expose either the team or the player to such a fall out.

I still suspect we might see something move before the weekend, once they improve their Ashley Williams offer.

I just love the fact that Swansea are playing them the same way they are playing us.

What do people think will happen to denayer if stones signs? I'm all for stones joining but I would like to see denayer given a chance in the squad at least which is looking increasingly unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.