John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton don't look like budging. An ex pro was on the radio the other day saying he thinks city don't want the most expensive defender tag put on his shoulders.

A good "list" but only VK is proven to carry the ball out of defence, but last 2 years he often over does it so he should stick to be captain of "keeping the line and standing in the right place"

Tosin in time, but not yet

Still think Stones has something none of these do...
True, Stones has his unique advantages but arguably big disadvantages as well. Still think Otamendi, Mangala and especially Denayer could be taught to play his way, probably not as effectively, but they all have better defensive instincts than Stones.
On one hand, Stones is good with the ball at his feet, young and English. On the other hand, his record of defensive errors is a concern. That's probably something that can be coached out of his game but it's a risk.

The fee doesn't matter in some senses but as has been mentioned, I think having the £50 million price tag on top of being English will raise expectations and pile pressure on him. Everton have a player who wants to leave on their hands and they won't get a better price than the one City are offering, so why turn it down? Everton are bluffing to try and squeeze as much as they can out of this. Reckon City will call their bluff and we'll get him for under 50 in the end.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the signing of Jesus takes our total squad value up to over £500m. Not that we should give a shit what anyone thinks, but that's something to add to BT Sport commentary bingo for next season.

It's how we're trying to do all deals. It's basically our way of financially managing the risk involved in signing a young player. If he doesn't meet his potential or our expectations we've put down a lower sum so offset some of that risk. Rightly, Everton want the full fee now, but as with other deals I'm sure we'll get our way.

Add-ons probably take an age to negotiate because we'll probably say we'll pay £X on X no. of appearances and Everton will haggle and say we'll pay £X amount more on fewer no. of appearances. It becomes a deal within a deal. With the amount of cash we're paying at the moment we're needing to offset as much money as possible when we've so many players still on the books we need to, but are struggling to shift.

It will get done and I think it will be around the £40m mark with potential to rise to £50m.

I,m not so sure it will. If, as reported Everton are holding out for their fee, we either pay it or walk. It makes good sense for us to offset some risk, but Everton don't feel the same way. Ball is in their court I'm afraid

We got shafted with Lescott and Sterling, fed up with Scousers taking the piss. Lets just look elsewhere, besides Stones isn't exactly on great form is he ? Good with the ball but hardly hard as nails in the tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.