John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lescott-main.jpg

I'd happily take that kind of shafting again.
+1 Great lad, great work ethic, great memories (apart from the QPR incident but Serge dug him out)

I,m not so sure it will. If, as reported Everton are holding out for their fee, we either pay it or walk. It makes good sense for us to offset some risk, but Everton don't feel the same way. Ball is in their court I'm afraid

It's not when the player wants to leave. They know he wants to go and will try and force through the move and they need to find replacements. Takeover or not, they don't want an unhappy player on their books who is taking his wages and rarely playing. They've got a real asset on their hands this summer, if he doesn't play or refuses to perform for them because they don't honour his wish to go then his value diminishes. Look at Saido Berahino. Was it worth WBA refusing to sell him? What's his worth now? They kept their man but what was really the point.

No club has any power if a team comes in for a player that wants to leave. We've seen it with Real Madrid, a club can play hard ball but we'll get our man and it will likely be at a compromised value that suits us and Everton. We're happy to wait this one out until the end of the summer. The closer it gets to the window closing the more desperate John will get to sort this transfer out and the more nervous Everton will get at not cashing in on someone who wants to leave so badly.

Pep's changed things for us. Transfers like this used to be all about money for City. Txiki was good but City were a club that offered the chance to win trophies and a lot of cash. With Pep we now have a man that makes players desperate to sign for City from a purely footballing perspective, money is still a consideration but we've another string to our bow which is vital to getting the best talent.

We need to leak about interest in other defenders - put a bit of pressure on everton

It's not when the player wants to leave. They know he wants to go and will try and force through the move and they need to find replacements. Takeover or not, they don't want an unhappy player on their books who is taking his wages and rarely playing. They've got a real asset on their hands this summer, if he doesn't play or refuses to perform for them because they don't honour his wish to go then his value diminishes. Look at Saido Berahino. Was it worth WBA refusing to sell him? What's his worth now? They kept their man but what was really the point.

No club has any power if a team comes in for a player that wants to leave. We've seen it with Real Madrid, a club can play hard ball but we'll get our man and it will likely be at a compromised value that suits us and Everton. We're happy to wait this one out until the end of the summer. The closer it gets to the window closing the more desperate John will get to sort this transfer out and the more nervous Everton will get at not cashing in on someone who wants to leave so badly.

Pep's changed things for us. Transfers like this used to be all about money for City. Txiki was good but City were a club that offered the chance to win trophies and a lot of cash. With Pep we now have a man that makes players desperate to sign for City from a purely footballing perspective, money is still a consideration but we've another string to our bow which is vital to getting the best talent.
All valid points and not a lot to argue against. He wanted out last season too and Everton dug their heels in. As a professional footballer, I believe that if he doesn,t get to leave, he will knuckle down and do his bext for them. He still has an international career which I am sure he wants to maintain. I think we will get him, but it will be Everton who will be the happier financially . Not long left though before we will know for sure

Surely all of that applied last season though and they still held on to him, albeit that it probably showed during the season (hard to tell given how bad the team were).

I'd be happy if we walked and went with what we have now.

I'm happy to sit tight on this one. An extra £10m doesnt mean all that much, but until we show we're willing to pass on a player clubs will just set an exhorbitant price and won't budge on it.

I have no doubt Everton want the sale to happen. It's now in their best interests to move on. So why make it easy on them, and make future transfers just as difficult to get across the line.

To be fair I can see why he'd be desperate to leave an Everton side that was failing horribly under Martinez. Now though is a different story. If he stays he'll be under the tutelage of (in my opinion) the best ball-playing CB of all time. Koeman was exactly the kind of player Stones wants to be, and he was very, very good at it. Will Koeman be as good for his development as Pep? Who knows, but if he stays at Everton he's guaranteed a first-choice place, whereas Pep works with many different formations and rotates based on form. This guy can be the future captain for club and country and I have a feeling his potential hinges on whether he stays or goes, just can't work out which option is the 'mae' and which is the 'break'.

I'd be a bit keener if I thought we were buying him to play as a full-back, I like Otamendi and Mangala, of course I hope Kompany can overcome his injuries and I think Denayer deserves his chance. I'd rather stick with those four than gamble on Stones. I'd still be happy if we got Mr. Paint Trophy but if the club moves on I won't be disappointed.

Dunno mate,just read they were interested a while back,but they are not as daft as English clubs,in paying major money for unproven players I suppose,only happens here that kind of business
There's no reason for them to pay more for an Englishman is there unlike clubs in the Prem.

Everton are going to struggle to attract players with this attitude. Agents will look at Lukaku and Stones and say; don't go to Everton because it'll take a fucking search and rescue operation to get you back out.
This, I don't care who the new investor is, they aren't in a position of attracting top talent on the regular and players and agents will look for more "friendlier" clubs to do business with.

West Brom just had a deal breakdown with the West Ham ST as they continue to hold Saido Berahino hostage as well.

Mentioned previously but United/Jose have moved on and found a young cheaper option. Chelsea are looking more at Napoli's CB who's under £50M at the moment. Barca went with Umtiti so we can talk about who all was interested but none of them thought he was worth £50M which is more telling. Even Arsenal went with Holding, maybe we should continue the trend of this window and find a player before they are quoted for an outrageous figure if we don't trust Jason and/or Tosin just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.