John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we would. English or not he's one of the best ball playing defenders in the world. If anything it's the English thing that has put off other clubs as if he were Spanish and cheaper then nearly everyone would be in the race for him.

Blue tints on there my friend. His defensive qualities we can already match/better with what we have

I agree he's not the best defender. I think Everton are asking too much. I would like us to get a proven top quality defensive midfielder and convert him to CB, as Pep has done before.

Last edited:
He wasn't great tonight made a couple of mistakes that in a real game might have led to them conceeding.

This lad isn't worth £50m imo, if we wait 35 months we can get him for nothing and he'll still be a youngster in the grand scheme of things.

However if Pep wants him that badly then I suppose we are going to have to close the deal.

So you want us to wait 3 years to sign a player on a free! Pmsl. that has brightened my day right up. Thankyou.

I agree....I think as fans (can only speak for myself)we look at things very black and white and easy for me to say....If we rate him a 40mil+ add-ons type player....whats 5mil when we clearly rate him highly but understand the club cant or shouldnt always look at things in this way....

It's how we're trying to do all deals. It's basically our way of financially managing the risk involved in signing a young player. If he doesn't meet his potential or our expectations we've put down a lower sum so offset some of that risk. Rightly, Everton want the full fee now, but as with other deals I'm sure we'll get our way.

Add-ons probably take an age to negotiate because we'll probably say we'll pay £X on X no. of appearances and Everton will haggle and say we'll pay £X amount more on fewer no. of appearances. It becomes a deal within a deal. With the amount of cash we're paying at the moment we're needing to offset as much money as possible when we've so many players still on the books we need to, but are struggling to shift.

It will get done and I think it will be around the £40m mark with potential to rise to £50m.

You did. I still think that is somewhat of an exaggeration. If he were that good, he wouldn't be plying his trade at Goodison and would have been snapped up by now, probably in Spain. He has potential at the moment

Barca were interested and bids have been tabled by Chelsea and City - he's been trying to ply his trade else where at a top team but Everton have stopped that from happening. Bit of a ridiculous comment, really - he's only 22 as well and emerged as the player he is in the last couple of seasons (again, a time period in which top clubs have tried to buy him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.